I have given you an opportunity to continue this debate on PM, but for some reason you want to keep digging a deeper hole!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:32 PM on THL by HEDS Topic .17 HMR for fox????

"Interesting thread - i applied for .223 to shoot foxes , my permissions were fine with plenty of ideal land. My local force denied me a 223 and recomended a .22 - i reminded them that i needed a large round for shooting foxes. They rang me back and offered me a choice of .22 or .17hmr [as this was my first licence] i took a hmr thinking that this police force are insane ! shot loads of rabbits with it and got really accurate , found that it is good for fox at about 100yds have dropped dead every one i shot at. still agree that .17hmr is not an ideal fox round but does work with a degree of care. However , North Wales Police think that it will do the job"

If you refuse to believe me then go tell him he's lying!

Right, so you'll readily take on board a post on an internet thread because it agrees with something that, let's be honest, not falling under the jurisdiction of NWP you have absolutely no idea about, but when given the chance to clarify straight from the horses mouth you're a no-show. Dear me, and I was looking forward to the post in a few days time where you'd got in touch with NWP Firearms and put them straight.

You won't believe it if someone tells you it, and you won't pluck up the courage to ask them yourself. Thought as much. .all mouth no trousers. ;)

Edited by stuartpengs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This debate could run and run, as far as I'm concerned if you don't like the HMR for fox then don't use it, but don't tell the world it isn't up to the job.   You don't know any/everyone elses abili

Get a fox calibre its simple! I can't stand reading this crap about conditions being right and we all know people will push the boundaries. Have a little professionalism and humaneness and make sure y

:laugh:   Strikes me you have a very narrow view and very little experience, either or both, and/or simply can't shoot straight!   There is a lot of argument... and you check distance and wind d

Posted Images

I have given you an opportunity to continue this debate on PM, but for some reason you want to keep digging a deeper hole!

"Interesting thread - i applied for .223 to shoot foxes , my permissions were fine with plenty of ideal land. My local force denied me a 223 and recomended a .22 - i reminded them that i needed a large round for shooting foxes. They rang me back and offered me a choice of .22 or .17hmr [as this was my first licence] i took a hmr thinking that this police force are insane ! shot loads of rabbits with it and got really accurate , found that it is good for fox at about 100yds have dropped dead every one i shot at. still agree that .17hmr is not an ideal fox round but does work with a degree of care. However , North Wales Police think that it will do the job"

Right, so you'll readily take on board a post on an internet thread because it agrees with something that, let's be honest, not falling under the jurisdiction of NWP you have absolutely no idea about, but when given the chance to clarify straight from the horses mouth you're a no-show. Dear me, and I was looking forward to the post in a few days time where you'd got in touch with NWP Firearms and put them straight.

Thought as much. .all mouth no trousers. ;)

You have answered nothing I have shown you, you have offered no information but are simply now throwing childish abuse. I have given you many reasons and now shown you another member of this site that has a HMR which N Wales gave him specifically for the purpose and in the full knowledge he needed it for fox!

So how does that fit with your OP #27....

Posted Yesterday, 10:51 PM

"North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox. It's bizarre the apparent variations from one constabulary to another."

Edited by Deker

You have answered nothing I have shown you, you have offered no information but are simply now throwing childish abuse. I have given you many reasons and now shown you another member of this site that has a HMR which N Wales gave him specifically for the purpose and in the full knowledge he needed it for fox!

So how does that fit with your OP?

If you contact them and they say they'll allow HMR to be used on fox you'll have my most sincere apologies here on a public forum. I expect no less in return. The only way to know for sure is for you to ask them. Are you going to ask North Wales Police directly, or shall we just start clucking now. Apologies if you view it as childish insults Deker, but I really do feel like I'm conversing with a child. They won't bite, they're perfectly approachable, you can phone or email them. So come on, crack on!

As to the relevance to the OP, from either of us - very little. I just want to know if you want to clarify this or not? I don't take kindly to being called a liar by you sunshine.

Edited by stuartpengs

If you contact them and they say they'll allow HMR to be used on fox you'll have my most sincere apologies here on a public forum. I expect no less in return. The only way to know for sure is for you to ask them. Are you going to ask North Wales Police directly, or shall we just start clucking now. Apologies if you view it as childish insults Deker, but I really do feel like I'm conversing with a child. They won't bite, they're perfectly approachable, you can phone or email them. So come on, crack on!

As to the relevance to the OP, from either of us - very little. I just want to know if you want to clarify this or not?

Get an email yourself and put me in my place, you have done nothing in this thread yet to back up your false comments, despite overwhelming evidence you are wrong. N Wales issue HMR for fox.

Show me an email and sender details from N wales Police that says ....

"North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox".

When you do I will happily challenge them on it, until then its time you stopped digging!

As to the relevance to the OP, from either of us - very little. I just want to know if you want to clarify this or not?

Get an email yourself and put me in my place, you have done nothing in this thread yet to back up your false comments, despite overwhelming evidence you are wrong. N Wales issue HMR for fox.

Show me an email and sender details from N wales Police that says ....

"North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox".

When you do I will happily challenge them on it, until then its time you stopped digging!

Don't bite me Deker,but why would you challenge a force thats almost 200 miles from you? what would you have to gain from it lol different forces have different views on firearms

He-he...so you can say I've falsified it? You've presented no evidence Deker. The only sure way is to ask them yourslef, but you're too chicken. :D I knew it.

You have had every chance to put your case and have been showed where you are wrong, given the chance to continue this debate by PM, put me in my place by getting an email from N Wales, and done absolutely nothing to justify your comments.

You are wrong, and boring not only me but the rest of THL.

Welcome to the forum, you have a lot to learn and would be best to learn rather than dig holes!

:bye::bye::bye:

He-he...so you can say I've falsified it? You've presented no evidence Deker. The only sure way is to ask them yourslef, but you're too chicken. :D I knew it.

You have had every chance to put your case and have been showed where you are wrong, given the chance to continue this debate by PM, put me in my place by getting an email from N Wales, and done absolutely nothing to justify your comments.

Welcome to the forum, you have a lot to learn and would be best to learn rather than dig holes!

I won't back down from someone just because they've got a high post count and up their own arse Deker. Shrposhire Dan has already told you the NWP wouldn't authorise a permission because he intended to use HMR for fox. I will tell you with 100% certainty he's right and I've given you the only reasonable choice of finding out the truth by asking them yourself. You won't do it. If you take that as a slight against your forum reputation then I'm sorry but that's too bad. It's blatantly obvious you don't actually want to find out the truth but are more concerned with extending this into some petty argument and see my relatively low post count as a petty method of gaining some form of moral high ground.

You're all mouth Deker. You won't find out because you're shit scared you'll be proven wrong.

Don't bite me Deker,but why would you challenge a force thats almost 200 miles from you? what would you have to gain from it lol different forces have different views on firearms

!

This started with my response as below in #29, I said someone need to challenge them, then stuartpengs decided to roll over and kiss N wales arse!

North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox. It's bizarre the apparent variations from one constabulary to another.

With all due respect someone needs to challenge them, the Home Office (in simple terms the Police regions Head Office) says the HMR is fine for fox, who is a regional office to argue/question/go against a Head Office ruling?

Edited by Deker

!

This started with my response as below in #29, I said someone need to challenge them, then stuartpengs decided to roll over and kiss N wales arse!

North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox. It's bizarre the apparent variations from one constabulary to another.

With all due respect someone needs to challenge them, the Home Office (in simple terms the Police regions Head Office) says the HMR is fine for fox, who is a regional office to argue/question/go against a Head Office ruling?

Go on then - challenge them :) You've already suggested you're the expert and no-one should question you. Go on . . email them.

Edited by stuartpengs

I won't back down from someone just because they've got a high post count and up their own arse Deker. Shrposhire Dan has already told you the NWP wouldn't authorise a permission because he intended to use HMR for fox. I will tell you with 100% certainty he's right and I've given you the only reasonable choice of finding out the truth by asking them yourself. You won't do it. If you take that as a slight against your forum reputation then I'm sorry but that's too bad. It's blatantly obvious you don't actually want to find out the truth but are more concerned with extending this into some petty argument and see my relatively low post count as a petty method of gaining some form of moral high ground.

You're all mouth Deker. You won't find out because you're shit scared you'll be proven wrong.

It seems you are trying to slate me, so feel free to show everyone the email from N Wales proving me wrong!

!

Go on then - challenge them :) You've already suggested you're the expert and no-one should question you. Go on . . email them.

You have a serious amount to learn and would do well to read ALL my posts on this subject again.

You have contributed nothing except blindly continued in your false claim that .... "North Wales police won't entertain HMR as suitable for fox". I have shown you a post on THL where N Wales INSISTED a member had a HMR for fox.

They do and will, and if for some reason they refuse an individual, then that individual should contact the BASC who will take on the case.

You made the comment, back it up or button it up!

I am bored to death with you, goodbye.

!

I am bored to death with you, goodbye.

You're not the only one Deker. I've told you they won't, shropshire dan told you they didn't, the only way you'll know for sure is for you to ask them as it's not listed specifically on the Q & A.I really can't fathom why you're so scared of approaching them. There's little point me doing it because firstly they already know that I know they won't allow HMR to be used on fox and secondly you would only accuse me of falsifying it, plus I thought you wanted an opportunity to put them straight? Would you like me to email them and copy you in? I don't mind writing the words for you if you want but I'll need your email address and obviously I'll have to point out that it's you that's inquiring as my FEO knows full well that I know it can't be used on fox.

Edited by stuartpengs