Need Hatchback For General Mooching....any Suggestions?

I need something that can take dogs in the back, a bit of kit, go down the odd farm track, but also be suitable for ferrying the kids around and going to work. Nothing too big, thinking 3 door or small 5 door. Doesn't really need to be 4X4 either. Was thinking something like a Volvo V40 Cross Country? Don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions for a hatchback for country sports? thanks

I have a old Skoda Octavia Estate, brilliant motor, loads of room in back. If you drive sensibly it will do a incredible 70 miles per gallon. Best motor i have ever had, my Mrs has a Skoda Fabia, another great motor. Next time i have to get another i will be getting a Soda Octavia scout, the 4 wheel drive model as i do a lot of fishing as well as ferreting and the 4wd would be useful, would bring down mpg but be worth it. I was talking to a guy the other day who had one, he said he would have nothing else.

• Like 2

I have a old Skoda Octavia Estate, brilliant motor, loads of room in back. If you drive sensibly it will do a incredible 70 miles per gallon. Best motor i have ever had, my Mrs has a Skoda Fabia, another great motor. Next time i have to get another i will be getting a Soda Octavia scout, the 4 wheel drive model as i do a lot of fishing as well as ferreting and the 4wd would be useful, would bring down mpg but be worth it. I was talking to a guy the other day who had one, he said he would have nothing else.

I like them myself.

The new ones get 58mpg (combined), that's only a book figure mind. 0-60 in 8.8 seconds and £110 per year road tax. Not bad for a big 4 wheel drive estate car.

• Like 2

It's in permanent 4wd but in normal driving condition about 90% of the power directed to the front wheels, when the front wheels start to lose grip the car automatically sends power to the other wheels, this way it saves on the fuel.

I got a say for me it's the perfect balance for a general mooching, family and travel to work car.

MPG Wise it does around 45 Mpg with some spirited driving, if I drive like my wife it gets over 50 to 55mpg..

post-290-0-57537200-1471636828_thumb.jpeg

post-290-0-07570000-1471636859_thumb.jpeg

post-290-0-96262700-1471636885_thumb.jpeg

Edited by busterbuster1969
  • Like 3