The rabbit trick is good but I have found it only works once or maybe twice as they learn quickly.

DON'T SHOOT THEM EVERY DAY, SHOOT, LEAVE A COUPLE OF DAYS, SHOOT AGAIN AND SO ON.

Crows are very smart and will soon catch on. Have a few eggs real or plastic to put on the ground in a make believe nest with a deek close by and that will work a few times.

Phil

spot on that ! you need to just keep slowly gnawing away at their numbers ,i used to be fortunate that i could just keep moving a few fields away through out the day ,its surprising how quickly the numbers build up in the bag

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the pigeons had a couple of hours calling in the crows, picked 29 up  

These 207 were shot with just 6 decoys and a caller which I think is a very useful thing to gain there attention

I have found that using the flocked crow decoys work very well using only 6 will bring in the birds. I put up a hide and leave it a couple of days before shooting that spot and really important that y

Posted Images

How does the owl decoy work? do you put it out on its own on a fence posr or with some crow decoys as well? I get that the crows will mob the owl decoy. Sorry to ask so many questions but i have never done any decoying ever.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I know they say dont over do the calls but try watching this bloke and his calls.

Sam advises calling a lot and to not stop after you have shot a crow but carry on. I can vouch for his calls. They work if you learn how to use it properly.

Edited by jeemes
  • 2 weeks later...

Arrrrr this is pissing me off , just cause I can't get out to much with this knackerd knee , great shooting Sussex and a very nice bunch corvids for your efforts , out of interest , shot size and grain please mate

Atb Dave

Pigeon extreme 32gram 5's ...they don't like that up em ! ..? How you getting on with that knee ?
  • Like 1