Hunting In Australia

I put up a few of my hunting videos in my intro but I now realized I should have posted them here. Anyway these are a few videos that I have put together over the last few years. I hope you enjoy them.

A little bit of Varminting. We call the .243 the Pope in Australia as it can do just about anything.

For the Deer Shooters

Hunting in General

http://www.youtu be....h?v=LKevX3ZjbqU

First one shooting rabbits it's the biggest waste of rabbits av seen for a long time lads

Our job on these properties is to thin the rabbits out as quickly as possible as this introduced pest does more damage in Australia than you could believe. We would have shot over 1000 rabbits that week and harvested what we needed for ourselves during the night. The properties we hunt are very large and in temperatures at this time of year being mild but still having days in excess of 30 degrees celcius you can only keep so many refrigerated. With the combination of Calici virus, Myxomatosis these animals are still way out of control in certain areas and with food handling practice requirements being out of control harvesting mass quantities of rabbits isn't a viable option any more. When we were kids we would hunt rabbits for pocket money and do quite well but try and do that now it's just not going to happen in today's society. It's a shame but that is the reality and I do share your thoughts .

• Like 2

First one shooting rabbits it's the biggest waste of rabbits av seen for a long time lads

That my friend is what I call dick measuring shooting. See who can shoot the furthest imo. And you might as well have use an rpg to thin them out

That my friend is what I call dick measuring shooting. See who can shoot the furthest imo. And you might as well have use an rpg to thin them out

"Dick measuring" I like that analogy. So are you implying that everyone that only shoots short distances has a little dick? That's not very nice. We have different methods for eliminating rabbits and this is just one and it guarantees quick kills which is unlike many other methods including poisons. RPG? Well detonation of burrows/warrens has also been used over the years as well. Just for interest sake how would you have gone about reducing the same numbers I previously mentioned over a week in our situation?

• 1 month later...

"Dick measuring" I like that analogy. So are you implying that everyone that only shoots short distances has a little dick? That's not very nice. We have different methods for eliminating rabbits and this is just one and it guarantees quick kills which is unlike many other methods including poisons. RPG? Well detonation of burrows/warrens has also been used over the years as well. Just for interest sake how would you have gone about reducing the same numbers I previously mentioned over a week in our situation?

Can't seem problem with any of the methods on them videos.............effective to say the least, what parts of them did you manage to harvest lol

Can't seem problem with any of the methods on them videos.............effective to say the least, what parts of them did you manage to harvest lol

We take all usable meat whenever possible and I very rarely buy any processed red meat....