The Olympic Games - Rio 2016

If you are good enough to win a Gold some competitors are made for life. I am thinking of the amateur athletes if there is still such people. Possible spinoffs

Write a book Just in time for Christmas, then a children's series.

Game shows

Media pundit

Get a gong

Anything but work. Yes,I am jealous.

Edited by redial

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a lighter note.....   Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back: 1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is

Looking out for beautiful Brazilian female spectator's should just about hold my attention.......     Sorry born, I'll fcuk off now......

Peaty absoloutly flying for GB in the Pool.

Some times he's clocking in.

Powerhouse that lad. Strange to see a swimmer with such a powerful physique! Apparently he can do a press-up so explosively that he can upright himself! I'm going to have to watch that video because that sounds impressive.

Anyway, the lad is a credit to the country and sport. Proper old school mentality of "Queen and country", absolutely certain of his own success. Incredible!

Wasn't bad in the water myself as a kid.

Still like to watch the swimming to this day.

A lass from hartlepool competing in the pool and another lass in the boxing.

I'm a terrible swimmer and not for lack of trying. f**k knows why but it's something I wish I was better at because i actually enjoy it, or would like to enjoy it.

Anyway, just watched that Chinese fella in the 56kg class lift 170kg clean and jerk! f**k me those Chinks dominate the lower weight classes in Olympic lifting. Very impressive.

Bloody good show from Jazz Carlin as well. Silver in 400 freestyle. The lass was so happy in the interview after. It's nice to see that enthusiasm from a sportsman representing the country. That's half the reason I like the Olympics so much, all the athletes have an enthusiasm, gratitude and honour in being there that is just not often seen in the high profile sports.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Powerhouse that lad. Strange to see a swimmer with such a powerful physique! Apparently he can do a press-up so explosively that he can upright himself! I'm going to have to watch that video because that sounds impressive.

Anyway, the lad is a credit to the country and sport. Proper old school mentality of "Queen and country", absolutely certain of his own success. Incredible!

when you look at most swimmers , they all have good physics , broad shoulders with a wedge shape bodies , think its near as much in the pool as the gym lifting weights, but not over the top, or they get to heavy for swimming :yes:

when you look at most swimmers , they all have good physics , broad shoulders with a wedge shape bodies , think its near as much in the pool as the gym lifting weights, but not over the top, or they get to heavy for swimming :yes:

I'd call that a swimmers physique. It just strikes me that Adam Peaty has a more powerful physique, not the long slender muscles that are typical of swimmers.

• Like 1

Ray, I done a course of hydrotherapy as part of my recovery after a knee op a few years ago, you'd be surprised at how much of a workout it gives your whole body. After doing a few hour sessions I can see how you'd easily get a powerful physique from spending as much time in the water as those guys do.. :yes::thumbs:

Ray, I done a course of hydrotherapy as part of my recovery after a knee op a few years ago, you'd be surprised at how much of a workout it gives your whole body. After doing a few hour sessions I can see how you'd easily get a powerful physique from spending as much time in the water as those guys do.. :yes::thumbs:

yeh its great sport swimming, your using every muscle, i am going to try to do some this year, it might help my fecked shoulder, not swimed since i hurt it , you never kno it might be ok .