Anyone Working Deerhound/collie/greyhound At The Moment?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I expect someone, somewhere , still has a fancy for the fabulous Deerhound lurcher...

The influence of Border Collie in Deerhoundy breeding cannot ever be underestimated,it took a good lurcher to another level.Hand on heart id never own a lurcher that was not heavily Deerhound and Bord

colliexgrey x deerhound x grey

Posted Images

Mines basically what u said gaz ..

Sire was half cross .. Picardy grey

Mother 5th gen deerhound grey

Happy with her never failed to put something on the table

Currently 2 weeks away from having a litter

Sound very interesting how much would you be asking for one of those?

What did you put to her keeganrees, what size is your bitch?

• Like 1

But the father (collie grey).

Wasn't there at the time, but there was a different dog there that was of a different x, bull beddy whippet grey type, whether that was the father I duno, but to think she was supposed to have collie in her, after owning two collie greyhounds is making me thinking I was fobbed off lol

But the father (collie grey).

Wasn't there at the time, but there was a different dog there that was of a different x, bull beddy whippet grey type, whether that was the father I duno, but to think she was supposed to have collie in her, after owning two collie greyhounds is making me thinking I was fobbed off lol

Yeh I know what you're saying. Maybe it just threw to the greyhound. The deerhounds and crosses what I have seen have all been very steady and sensible types.

You can't win them all I don't suppose.

Marvel .. I put it to Dai lloyds cesar

Mines 26tts agile for her size

Had a bit of stick for the age but from what he said he's done .. And the lines from his sire and dam he was well worth the gamble for me ..

Straight to hand not to sure mate I'll see as they come ??

• Like 1

what did you put over her? All the best with the pups

Marvel .. I put it to Dai lloyds cesar

Mines 26tts agile for her size

Had a bit of stick for the age but from what he said he's done .. And the lines from his sire and dam he was well worth the gamble for me ..

Straight to hand not to sure mate I'll see as they come

Was the stud fee free... Atb with the pup

Had a 7/8 ghx1/8 dh years ago that i put to a half x dhxgh dog.This bitch was very fast and took all quarry but with ease.She had 7 pups and 6 were rough coated and 1 brindle coloured dog smooth which i kept myself,2 were given to lads from uk and the rest to lads local to myself.The dog i kept back made about 26in and was good and strong with lots of pace.He took his 1st fox at 9mts of age by accident while out mooching about with him his mother and a couple of terriers,fox broke from cover and dog [sPUD] was loose and spoted it and took it like a pro.At 11mts he took his 1st Deer again by accident,Deer broke from a small cover and tried to make it to a block of forestry but Spud took it down and was in control before his mother actually got in on the act.He was a lovely dog to have about the place,no bother with other dogs and a gentle dog about kids,he died young enough from kidney failure,was around 7 year old and his mother was killed when she ran something across a busy road so that was the end of them,nice breed of lurcher.