My young grandson has a DIY NV Outfit, he wants to put on the old hmr, what scope do you think he needs to work well with this NV he says it has a EPC 700 Camera, he has been told a Hawke, but what model Mag Etc Thanks.

It wont work on my Leupold 6.5 25x50 very misty looking

Most Hawke scopes are good.... if they have a side wheel focus. I use a Hawke Varmint 3-12x44 SF on my HMR.

If buying one it will suit more N V variations if it has a smooth uncluttered eye bell, fairly low turrets and fairly low starting mag: 3-4 starting mag is ideal with a HMR for bunny ranges. You probably won't want to use an illuminated retical.

Set it up to suit your eyes for daylight or lamping then adjust the NV camera lens focus to get a sharp crosshair without shifting the ocular so its in focus with or without the NV.

• Like 1

Most Hawke scopes are good.... if they have a side wheel focus. I use a Hawke Varmint 3-12x44 SF on my HMR.

If buying one it will suit more N V variations if it has a smooth uncluttered eye bell, fairly low turrets and fairly low starting mag: 3-4 starting mag is ideal with a HMR for bunny ranges. You probably won't want to use an illuminated retical.

Set it up to suit your eyes for daylight or lamping then adjust the NV camera lens focus to get a sharp crosshair without shifting the ocular so its in focus with or without the NV.

Thanks I will get one of these scopes for him to try, but looking at all the tape and wires around this NV he just purchased, I think will end up in the bin. Lol

Thanks I will get one of these scopes for him to try, but looking at all the tape and wires around this NV he just purchased, I think will end up in the bin. Lol

Lol, It's a catch 22 situation: The largest share of the market with minimum time/investment from the supplier attracts buyers who may otherwise not have bought one.

Where are you BTW?

Lol, It's a catch 22 situation: The largest share of the market with minimum time/investment from the supplier attracts buyers who may otherwise not have bought one.

Where are you BTW?

norfolk