10 replies to this topic

#1 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:33 am

My Mate is fairly new to stalking so last evening i asked him if he would like to come out with me and try to call out a Roe Buck seeing as i have no Rifles at the moment he asked what i meant by calling out a Buck i said if they are Rutting i will show you.We went to the first port of call where only a few days ago i saw 9 Roe Does so i was banking on a Buck around some where we parked up and after 10/15 minutes i gave a few blows on the Buttalo but nothing showed i repeated this call for may be 3/4 of an hour but not a Deer showed.Off to the next Farm this is a new patch for me and earlier in the year there was 18 Roe in the newly sown wheat so i had great expectations as i knew there were 2 good Bucks on this Farm, same thing here aswell loads of calling nothing showing my mate thought i was mad and taking the piss about being able to call Deer with as he saw it a squeaky Toy, i then drove to the third Farm and parked up looking down over a very steep slope to the large wood out with the Buttalo and the very first Squeeze a Doe shot out of the wood 400 yards away and started towards my Truck,My mate said that is the wrong sex we want a Buck 2/3 more blows and a Buck came up behind the Doe like a Rocket i said there that's what my squeaky Toy doe's  a couple more tweaks with the call and Mr Buck was 200 yards away facing head on twitching his ears from side to side when ever i gave a call the Doe came closer followed by the Buck by this time my mate was leaning on the bonnet of my Truck with rifle on the Bipod the Buck obliged us by standing broadside at 175 yards a bang rang out and the Buck dropped on the spot a perfect shot .My mate was over the moon his second Roe Buck and he learnt abit more about calling Roe Deer a very happy  chap  went home with a big smile  on his face  and a bit more Knowledge about Roe Stalking ... :thumbs:

BVGgszF.jpg

• bob.243, Jarvis and jok like this

#2 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:35 am

It's as much fun getting a mate a shot as shooting yourself ( well nearly ) ..getting out will stop your old joints seizing up as well ..got a date yet for the appeal ?
  • THE STALKER likes this

#3 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:00 am

It's as much fun getting a mate a shot as shooting yourself ( well nearly ) ..getting out will stop your old joints seizing up as well ..got a date yet for the appeal ?

Yes Rich it's ok taking others out but nothing like doing it yourself . My Court Date is  Friday October the 7 th 10.00 am .Taunton Crown Court. :unsure:

Edited by THE STALKER, 30 July 2016 - 11:01 am.

#4 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:49 pm

Not rushing it then .

#5 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:27 am

Good to see you getting out Owen .Won't be long now mate .
  • THE STALKER likes this

#6 firthy

firthy

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:35 am

Happy days well done

#7 seprim

seprim

Mega Hunter