Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vfr400boy
      Am looking to buy a 59 plate defender any one have any experience with the ford motor in one ? 
    • By Mammoth
      Read a few of the threads here regarding the good old TD5 and I must say even with all the faults I'm still smitten. (Or is that raving mad? not sure.....)

Just picked a 2000 TD5 Auto, with all the bells and whistles, head gasket blown so in for a replacement gasket, skim and pressure test, or at worst head, block etc.

Also thinking of doing the other nasties whilst I am at it, you know:-

Cam chain
      Injector wiring loom
      oil pump bolt
      Water pump
      EGR removal
      Injector seal replacement

So it will be good bye to my trusty Range Rover V8 in a few weeks, I had fun fitting an new V8 unit from RPI engineering 28k ago, so someone will get a nice 4 x 4 for sure.

The objective is to have a reasonably priced TD5 Auto in a few weeks which will be by new 'Devil I know' go anywhere motor.
      Anyone else got anything to add to the above list whilst I am under the hood

Tom

• By ozzieowl
      just want a bit of info im putting a winch on my defender any one know which is the best one to fit i also need a front winch bumper
    • By SportingShooter
      Folks,

I'm still looking around for a 4x4 and I've clocked a Discovery with decent mileage, good price and in good condition,

Is there much to worry about with these wagons, any serious reliability issues? I know it will be fairly heavy on fuel but other than that, anything to look out for?

Cheers
      SS
    • By ferretfinder
      Hi I am new to the off roading scene and I am after a club or places to go off roading in the Cheshire area but will to travel if anyone can help me