Really ? I didn't think they looked like pears ,maybe they not devolped their proper shape yet.

Mind I suppose the trees not been touched in years that wouldn't look like pear tree I'm used to seeing either, will have to keep eye on it for when they are ripened.

Can tell I don't eat fruit can't you pmsl.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Cheers terrier, I picked some as it got dark last night,just mentioned this to wife,and she said they are really hard, so she will do that tomorrow.

Pears ripen from the inside out so if you left them on the tree until they were soft they would be gone past eating ... you have to pick them when hard around this time of year and put them on a shelf and allow them to ripen over about a ten day period ... I will be picking all the pears off my tree tomorrow .... Picked around half the plumbs today bloody delicious too ........

• Like 2

Blackberries as well now so get forraging. All your crumbles and fruit pies come in now. Not to mention jams and jellies. Not only that, some game recipes are good with fruit so have a look in the books. HFW, River Cotfage is a must. I've nodoubt that one or two of us will be posting pictures before long. Jok.