Rock Piles

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pic of sons dog last week at show 8 years old that was his first show looks like Mick dog smooth coated very steady in his work but gets the job done

Here is pic of Kirstysdads old dog..   Dog was a real Legend and worked up to a ripe old age, I was lucky enough to get a lining of this dog    

Great post.... Black and Tan the Father to Kirstysdads dog and the red terrier is his brother. Both doing the job  

Posted Images

Mick was very slape coated " smooth" very similar to a lot of the wheeler bred dogs. That came later, he was fairly round chested, and a lump of a dog.

JP was never shy of dropping a dog in,I would cringe at some of the places , no locator. He had a wonderful confident faith in his stock. Great man to be out with, formidable drinker and a fulmidable knowledge of blood stock.

• Like 3

Here's two oldies of him, one with a full coat and the other shaved down. He looked like a black n tan box headed whippet, one of the reasons anyone who had a decent bitch stayed clear...attachicon.gifIMG-20160808-WA0000.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20160808-WA0001.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-10-31 12.07.52.jpg this is my young terrier i think she has a look of yours bosun

She does Daz, yes. ;)

What about Cowan and Tyson blood?

Now that really is 'THE' question Bryan, the one i was hoping we'd get to...

I have no idea but i'd love to find out.. ;)

I haven't heard of any cowan blood around for years, my old man really rated them as hard dogs and some of his best dogs came straight out of cowans yard, only problem was they would kill anything that moved

I know AG brought some good Cowan blood with him when he came to hunt the Waterford foxhounds in the late 80's and MF carried on with that blood, but it's well diluted by now.

Bryan, i've just been googling John Cowan and a couple of old archived THL threds exist. John only died in 2013 and kept terriers right up to his death. So there must be stuff still about.

Though, from what i read, he had very few terriers in his latter years but knew where his stuff was..

Sadly, he suffered at the hands of the scum that are dog thieves a few times and did loose some good animals.

he was a regular up at the lowther show, im sure a lot of hunt terriers up that way still carry cowan blood in them

Around the same time (Im quessing) as Ken Gould had Smithy & his type, John Parkes had his successful line of terriers, the likes of Monty, Mick etc Did anyone cross these 2 lines "at that time" ie. Smithy over daughters/sisters to Mick/Monty or Mick /Monty over daughters/sisters to Smithy (not generations later) & if so how did the pups go?

Around the same time (Im quessing) as Ken Gould had Smithy & his type, John Parkes had his successful line of terriers, the likes of Monty, Mick etc Did anyone cross these 2 lines "at that time" ie. Smithy over daughters/sisters to Mick/Monty or Mick /Monty over daughters/sisters to Smithy (not generations later) & if so how did the pups go?

Spartacus was out of Parks bitch to a Gould dog I think

• Like 2

Spartacus was out of Parks bitch to a Gould dog I think

Time dims memory but did Gouldy ever put that in his avertisments for the dog. If he did, i really can't remember...? Spartacus was primarily bred for stud and was heavily advertised as such.