Informing The Police

Hi all,

Ive just gained some permission on some local land for Rabbits. The land itself has a few football & rugby pitches on as well as some open areas.

The land isnt used in an evening and is closed to the public and gates are locked.

Anyway ive had the relevant person sign a permission slip that I get people to sign and keep with my insurance just in case I ever get approached by the law or passer by to say I have the right to be on the land.

They have requested that I inform the local police that I have permission and will be on the land occasionally. (Which I havent got a problem with and intend to do soon)

My question really was if anyone else have ever approached the local police to inform them of your permission or have you just squared it with them if they ever challenge you?

Cheers

Ring 101 and inform the local police. They usually ask for the postcode of the permission. You can be on hold for ages though, my local authority gives an option to enter your mobile number, for an operator to call you back, although last time I did this, I was nearly finished, before they called back.

• Like 1

I've been stopped twice , by armed police , because of some nosey fecers ,

And have then rang the plod from then on , with post code what I'm doing , times ect ect ,

Get a log number from them mate , it's well worth it , and saves all the hassle

Phone local police to the land your on, and as said get a log number

Atb

• Like 3

I wouldn't tell the dirty b*****ds any thing I lost some good permission through letting them know we're i'd been the cheeky b*****ds phoned the farmer at half 2 in the morning and woke him up I lost my permission . if I get pulled now I say lock me up and ill tell you in the morning.

• Like 6

I wouldn't tell them. When I goto a few similar permission to the ones described in knave a copy of the permission letter on the inside of the windscreen where it can vmeet read

Ditto, I leave a piece of A4 paper in the windscreen saying:

Rabbit lamping permission by xxxxx xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxx Farm

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

At work it's the only permission I needed insurance , a risk assessment and to call the police and get a job number ever time I'm shooting , and it's a total waste of time they ask totally irrelevant questions and the armed response still turn up and say the control room doesn't inform them . I know I'm the only one shooting there and my details flag up when they get my name and location but they still ask all there questions and no two operators ask the same questions

Your permission sounds a lot like mine Gtbaker - I hope it's ftuitful and you enjoy it :thumbs:

I have a friend that shoots full bore rifles. He always calls for a urn number when he's out.

I only shoot sub 12 air rifles. I check their power regularly, I've got insurance, I have written permission from the committee that runs the club.

I never phone the police to tell them I'll be there. If they do ever turn up, I'll deal with it then.

I may be a bit naive but, if I've done nothing wrong, I've got nothing to worry about. I've had conversations with my local constabulary about airguns - they've always been very relaxed and fair.

Atb

• Like 2

If the land owner has requested you to do this, you'd be foolish not to !

It's a minor inconvenience, that will help you keep your Permission.

I've had the dangerous end of a Glock pointed at me, and I can't say it was a pleasant experience !

• Like 4

If the land owner has requested you to do this, you'd be foolish not to !

It's a minor inconvenience, that will help you keep your Permission.

I've had the dangerous end of a Glock pointed at me, and I can't say it was a pleasant experience !

Fair comment. If it's a prerequisite of your permission, it'd be better to do it.

Thanks all, yes I'm going to do it as he has requested but just wondered other people's experiences as never been asked to do it before but been approached a few times but my perm slip has always sorted things