Sign in to follow this  
Lukey12

Back Yard

My back yard is purely pebbles as I'm no gardener lol... the pebbles have started to smell a little where the dogs urinate etc what's the best way to clean them thanks

• Like 2

Herbs and lavender in pots dotted around, and jays or something eles tell you a nice smell when I used to kennel dogs, the 30p pine disanfect always worked for me, but the real trick is get them out before work and after then they tend to go in the garden

Try red hyper chloride from your farm supply shop, cheap to buy, and very good, dilute it to required strength.

Might be because your gravel is not deep enough, you need 4 inches at least, 6 is better. We had bark chippings at first and they were rubbish, stank when the sun came out. Got 4 inches of gravel now with weed proof lining, just a quick swill with the hose pipe now, and that's it, job done.

unless there is good drainage below it wont matter what you do it will smell to some degree. :thumbs: if there is good drainage wash them down with a hose regular that should help

Might be because your gravel is not deep enough, you need 4 inches at least, 6 is better. We had bark chippings at first and they were rubbish, stank when the sun came out. Got 4 inches of gravel now with weed proof lining, just a quick swill with the hose pipe now, and that's it, job done.

Lol on 6 inches of gravel you will struggle to walk .2 inches is ample ,its the sub base that matters with drainage .