best for ducks?

me personally prefer morning flight nothing like the sun coming up and the tide pushing hard and lifting all the waders and gulls off the mud flats in there thousands you carnt beat that sight and sound of it especally when you start to hear the wigeon whistling in there packs

regards wag :thumbs:

me personally prefer morning flight nothing like the sun coming up and the tide pushing hard and lifting all the waders and gulls off the mud flats in there thousands you carnt beat that sight and sound of it especally when you start to hear the wigeon whistling in there packs

Im the opposite mate evening flight , hiding on the edge of a flash dog at your side couched down youve been feeding every other night on the chance theyll come.. checking in early morning for muddy footprints to tell you they have been ..then the anticipation builds ..your dog at your side stirs shes hears them before you..her ears prick up with there distant calls...the first whistle between you and mates as they come..the first shot ..dog goes out you cant see it in the black of the fields your relying on her to find it, she at your side again with the bird and shes awaiting like you the next wing..

Just my thoughts :thumbs:

Steve

Edited by k9wpg

Hello it swings in round abouts & pending on place.Wag has stated real hard wildfowling on the coast/estuarys/mudflat's & they are tideal based for shooting.I think K9wpg is talking of a flight-pond which you feed which is best shot on an evening & are fed & sucsessful if worked right & shots garenteed.Pond's are easy to monitor & work as it takes little effort compared with that of learning flightline in certian wind's over many year's of being out there & very little garentee of taking a shot on the coast.

Hello it swings in round abouts & pending on place.Wag has stated real hard wildfowling on the coast/estuarys/mudflat's & they are tideal based for shooting.I think K9wpg is talking of a flight-pond which you feed which is best shot on an evening & are fed & sucsessful if worked right & shots garenteed.Pond's are easy to monitor & work as it takes little effort compared with that of learning flightline in certian wind's over many year's of being out there & very little garentee of taking a shot on the coast.

Your right Vmax i didnt read the original thread correctly ...I unlike Wag are not happy in the mudflats lol just read the Best for Ducks mate.. :doh:

sorry i did not read the thread properly too . but i only count coastal shooting as wildfowling if your shooting inland on ponds, rivers etc. then to me thats just inland duck shooting and for costal wildfowling i would most definately say morning flight is the best with a tide pushing.

sorry i did not read the thread properly too . but i only count coastal shooting as wildfowling if your shooting inland on ponds, rivers etc. then to me thats just inland duck shooting and for costal wildfowling i would most definately say morning flight is the best with a tide pushing.

Feck the Mudflats Wag your a Wildfowler you can have them mate Been On Frodsham Flats and Hale shore not my cup of tea Lol But Im a Inland Duck shooter and should read where I am Posting The NAME OF THE FORUM WILDFOWLING SHOULD HAVE GIVE IT A WAY.

Regards Steve :bye:

nothing wrong with inland duck shooting k9wpg. i do some myself and you havent posted in the wrong section mate ,its just me im old school .been bought up on the marshes and foreshore and was always told that wildfowling and inland duck shooting are two different kinds of shooting and wildfowling aint for everyone. :thumbs:

Feck the Mudflats Wag your a Wildfowler you can have them mate Been On Frodsham Flats and Hale shore not my cup of tea Lol But Im a Inland Duck shooter and should read where I am Posting The NAME OF THE FORUM WILDFOWLING SHOULD HAVE GIVE IT A WAY.

Regards Steve :bye:

frodsham is a very good wildfowling club herd lots of storys about the marshes a couple of my mates have been there fowling . and i also know big jim from there too he was the chairman for a wile

Hello not getting onto you K9wpg just pointed out what i thought you were on about as it might have missled gogogadget as there is many asspects to our fieldsports etc dogs & you should know the varations in working dogs from trialing to the wildfowler many diffrent asspects.

Hello not getting onto you K9wpg just pointed out what i thought you were on about as it might have missled gogogadget as there is many asspects to our fieldsports etc dogs & you should know the varations in working dogs from trialing to the wildfowler many diffrent asspects.

Never thought it for a minute mate,but you raised a point there "you should know the variations in working dogs from trialling"

What do you mean by variations?

Regards Steve

i always thought that trialing and working dogs were the same ,as in trialing dogs are more intensively trianed than just an ordinary peg/roughshooters gun dog,.........does this mean now that there are three different strains of dog all within the same breed chosen for whatever task ?,.........sh1t ! more complications :feck: which of the three is the best :hmm:

Hello sorry for the confusion on what i put with dogs but your trialing dogs are more polished off in obejence compared with joe bloggs doing a bit beating etc.I have seen so many good dogs & very obejent like a trialing dog & more that just know how to fool there owners & like myself with my cocker he is great but know he could be better but he dosent damage drives & im happy.