25 replies to this topic

#1 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:52 am

Has anyone tried any of the range of Binoculars that Vortex do ? After having my Swarovski   stolen out of my Truck i was a bit reluctant to spend alot of money on another pair.I had a look at all different makes and magnifications and with out being able to look through all the brands it was a mine field. I finally settled for a Pair of Vortex Vipers 10 x 50 mag and i am really pleased with them they are very clear can't fault they are well built can't fault they are comfortable in your hand can't fault and i would go as far as to say i can not tell any difference looking through them as to my Swarovski so all is good they were a 1/4 of the price as Swarovski and best of all no matter if they go wrong you drop them or scratch the lense Vortex are offering a unconditional no charge  repair or replacement guarantee so if all is as it seems i am a happy chap with my purchase. :thumbs:  

Edited by THE STALKER, 17 July 2016 - 10:42 am.

• Rabid, philpot, Twewphof and 1 other like this

#2 Rabid

Rabid

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:56 pm

No but I am looking for a pair, not a bad price if they are as good as you reckon.

#3 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:15 pm

No but I am looking for a pair, not a bad price if they are as good as you reckon.

Well i am pleased and for £509 it's even better

#4 Born Hunter

Born Hunter

Quantum Reality Hunter

• Members
  • 10,461 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:09 am

Yeah, bought a pair of 10x42 Vipers a few months back, about £380 new. They're spot on! hard to tell the difference between them and the premium brands and they have the best warranty going.

#5 Hydropotesinermis

Hydropotesinermis

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:53 am

Glad you are getting on well with them BH.

I bought one of their monoculars a while back. Stunning quality for what it is.

#6 riohog

riohog

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 9,278 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:05 am

my mate has a pair  very good bit of kit  :thumbs:

#7 titan1

titan1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:57 pm

Has anyone tried barr and stroud I got a pair of 8 x42 £70.00 brand new 10 year guarantee they are very good in low light they supply the royal navy with all there optics brilliant for the price cant fault them  

#8 Keeper eley

Keeper eley

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:08 pm

Ive got a set really good quality! No difference between them or ones 10x the price

#9 Stevyrob

Stevyrob

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:50 am

I have a pair of Swarovski EL 8.5x42 and a mate bought a pair of Vortex razor binoculars. Comparing the two I was very impressed with the Vortex. So impressed I ended up buying a Vortex Razor spotting scope instead of the Swaro!!!

#10 samboy

samboy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:16 am

Has anyone tried barr and stroud I got a pair of 8 x42 £70.00 brand new 10 year guarantee they are very good in low light they supply the royal navy with all there optics brilliant for the price cant fault them  

Reading this i ordered a pair of 8x32s and for the money they are very good. Strap is a bit flimsy but no big deal and the case is better than i have

paid a lot more for with other Bino's.

#11 MIK

MIK

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:58 pm

I was spyiing a fox snare this morning and someone phoned me set my leupold bins on the bonnet of the truck ...then headed away pigeon shooting ...shot pigeons for a few hours then headed back home for lunch and ran over the top of something ...stopped and reversed to see what it was ....bxstaxrd I had driven about a mile with them on the bonnet and they dropped off and I had driven over them
Had a look through a vortex scope last week on my mates 222/50 and was impressed for the price so will have a look at the binos
Attached File  image.jpeg   152.97KB   1 downloads

#12 delswal

delswal

Closet airgunner

• Donator
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:53 am

Has anyone tried any of the range of Binoculars that Vortex do ? After having my Swarovski   stolen out of my Truck i was a bit reluctant to spend alot of money on another pair.I had a look at all different makes and magnifications and with out being able to look through all the brands it was a mine field. I finally settled for a Pair of Vortex Vipers 10 x 50 mag and i am really pleased with them they are very clear can't fault they are well built can't fault they are comfortable in your hand can't fault and i would go as far as to say i can not tell any difference looking through them as to my Swarovski so all is good they were a 1/4 of the price as Swarovski and best of all no matter if they go wrong you drop them or scratch the lense Vortex are offering a unconditional no charge  repair or replacement guarantee so if all is as it seems i am a happy chap with my purchase. :thumbs:  

I've just bought some vortex scopes, 6.5 x 20 x 50 cannot fault them as good as any top end scope I've had before, and the guarantee is second to none.

Binoculars next from them, cannot see a reason to buy any other brand to be honest, quality goods for value prices.

#13 MIK

MIK

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:33 pm

Ordered a pair of 10x 42 vipers

#14 shropshire dan

shropshire dan

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:10 pm

Got a pair of minox 10x52 binos and have to say they are very good. My mate has a pair of zeiss 10x42 and he agrees the Minox are just as good and clear. But far cheaper

#15 gerron

gerron

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:08 pm

What are the vortex diamondbacks like anyone tried them ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users