Sign in to follow this  
Joe1888

Concrete Pad

you reckon 2 squares??

ive not done anything for electric supply yet, its been bugging me lol ive not booked the lorry yet so theres still time if i decide to...

take it yous ment dig through the hardcore (wasnt sure about digging through the compacted hardcore), add abit piping to run wires through?

Where are you mate? I have about 60/70 ft of one inch armour cable that will be good for the electrics. You can have if want mate

edinburgh :thumbs:

Am miles away from you mate I am at Barnsley. If you wasn't as far I could have dropped it off for you :thumbs:
  • Like 1

thoughts on pouring concrete at this time of year? trying to find a day without rain, and a decent temp is going to be tough but needs must... would you guys protect the concrete once its poured?

I wouldn't pour it in anything below 2 degrees but if you have to get some hessian thrown over it or a tarp sheet

• Like 1

Get a dry forecast with no rain or frost pour it early in morning pan it with power float after dinner give it an hour then pan it again to bring up the fat and blade it with power float in evening and a couple of times the next day. The summer time it would need to be done much quicker.

best weather in a couple weeks up here for it, pad is down.. no rain or frost due tonight

15302394_10153925520466987_1794592299_o.

15321682_10153925520551987_561767662_o.j

• Like 1

Is it still wet Joe ?

how come? maybe alittle, a fair difference when the picture was took.. watch out for the cats

its looking alright, can see some of the lines/very very slight bumps from the screed, at the end of the day its going to be a garage floor, should be sound enough

15311013_10153927194826987_1978553267_o.

• Like 1

it wont really matter mate, id probably prefer it how it is to flat/smooth

out of interest mate, would that self leveling compound be strong enough for jacks etc digging into it?

you guys any thoughts on whats best to fix the sections to the concrete, was thinking rawlbolts

Chemical resin and threaded bar, drill the concrete a couple mill bigger than the bar, just a few pumps of Ken-fix, push threaded bar into it and tap it home (put a nut on top so it don't screw the threads up) leave it a few hours and rock solid, we dowel underpinning sections like this (just done two sides of an 8 storey block of flats)

• Like 2