• 1 month later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

am looking to put down a concrete pad, as you can see ive started digging...i was thinking once it was more level id be ready to wack it down, hardcore it then wack down the hardcore before starting t

Thanks to those who helped here and other threads. garage has been up for abit now, needs some finishing touches but its getting good use as is. its not perfect, has a few inperfections, things i coul

id put an electric supply in before you concrete it. i wish i had with my one instead of running and extension cable. what a fexking idiot i was

Looking good pal, get a blinding layer of sand over the top and a dpm, as above I would also put provision for services in, even if it's just a duct for now, takes minutes, costs pence but saves fortunes and hassle down the line.

• Like 3

Looking good pal, get a blinding layer of sand over the top and a dpm, as above I would also put provision for services in, even if it's just a duct for now, takes minutes, costs pence but saves fortunes and hassle down the line.

thanks mate, sounds like a plan

• 4 weeks later...

you reckon 2 squares??

ive not done anything for electric supply yet, its been bugging me lol ive not booked the lorry yet so theres still time if i decide to...

take it yous ment dig through the hardcore (wasnt sure about digging through the compacted hardcore), add abit piping to run wires through?

• Like 1

for the electrics just run some piping under the mesh with some string running through the pipe so if you do want electric in there just tie the cables to the string and pull them through :thumbs

And that looks spot on

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

for the electrics just run some piping under the mesh with some string running through the pipe so if you do want electric in there just tie the cables to the string and pull them through :thumbs

And that looks spot on

Or a ferret with the string attached to it, if you forget to thread a cord first that is ;):laugh:

• Like 3

you reckon 2 squares??

ive not done anything for electric supply yet, its been bugging me lol ive not booked the lorry yet so theres still time if i decide to...

take it yous ment dig through the hardcore (wasnt sure about digging through the compacted hardcore), add abit piping to run wires through?

1 and a half once you have a full square on one sheet sitting over a full square on the next pull a line across the top as well to make sure no mesh will be poking up above floor it can easily happen especially where 4 sheets meet.

Get a 90 degree 4inch sewer bend with a short piece of pipe in each end and stick it one corner you will have enough room in it to bring in water feed,electric or any other service pipe afterwards under mesh will do fine no need to dig up hardcore it will probably be a steel wire armoured electric cable anyway so no need to go too deep.

• Like 1

you reckon 2 squares??

Where are you mate? I have about 60/70 ft of one inch armour cable that will be good for the electrics. You can have if want mate
  • Like 1

you reckon 2 squares??

Where are you mate? I have about 60/70 ft of one inch armour cable that will be good for the electrics. You can have if want mate

edinburgh :thumbs: