Let My Inexperience Be A Warning To Others.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A puppy will dig holes in your garden, and empty your plant pots, as well as going through what may be a prolonged chewing stage. So, if you decide to get a pup, you will need to kennel it when you ar

Honestly pal if a dog isn't going to fit in with your life it's best to be honest with yourself straight away rather than spend months getting more stressed and possibly taking it out on the dog. Don'

Should of gave him to kate b lol

The truth is the pound should never have given Justin that dog - they should have known its problems and that it was a working dog that probably had never lived in a house and realised it wouldn't fit Justin's lifestyle. I'm all in favour of people who take troubled dogs on and give them a chance, but I think you establish the best bond and communication with a dog if you get it as a pup, so I've never taken on a rescue. And anyway, i love pups even tho they shit and chew and whine and wake you up at 5 in the morning and everything else, and I can't see why you'd want to miss out on that bit, lol! Perhaps i'm just too selfish to get a rescue. But thanks p***y, for thinking I might have been able for Merlin. There's a sentimental part of me that thought about going and getting him, but thankfully I can't cos i'm not in the UK at the moment. So my flowerpots have been spared lol!

Wilf no offence matey but why would you over match a unconditioned dog or have one in rag order or then give them enough to break them but your right you could pick fault with any mutt and I'm sure everyone has a mutt that hasn't worked out whether that be running of there own agenda to jacking but its down to you to know when enough is enough I think the dog Justin had was saluki saturated not a cross I would say would suit a inexperienced owner but fair play to him he has said he will do his homework next time

All I am saying is, every single person has made mistakes.....I have, you have, everybody has and there's a few posts ripping this dude like those people have always done it perfect.The bloke got it and it wasn't for him, it may have been a nut job......I have had dogs that are a nut job.....drove me f***ing mad and it went.Nobody knows because they were not there so who's to say the dude was wrong ?........it was obviously in the pound for a reason.The blokes getting called a jacket and f**k knows what else......who the f**k are these people.........I used to be one of them but hopefully I have grown up a little bit and know better now.And TB is right, I dont run dogs any longer.
listen the blokes a fool why take it back to the pound when someone could of had it off him with a bit of experience no need to take it back to pound waste of a dog in my eyes just cause he hadnt a clue now the dog might get pts surely it would of been better to rehome it someone on here

Pass it on......and if that didn't work.......pass it on again............Brilliant !

And as for "the pound should have known"........newsflash, dog charities dont know their arse from their elbow !

These are the people giving this bloke advice!......you couldn't make it up !

Night all !

• Like 1

If you still think your after a working dog I'd suggest maybe see if anybody local can get you out a few times see what's involved with lamping/dogs before you get another. I will be honest though if you've given up after a few days dogs with a high drive may not be for you.

I think it was a combination of a couple of things Rusty. Yes it was a very short time and yes a rescue dog does come with a potential set of problems. I think if I wasn't working then it would have been different because I then wouldn't have had to rush to make decisions but also I think it's going to be a good idea to do a bit more background research. We were told similar things about Freya and her energy levels are really high and so we are used to that, what we were struggling with was the destructive part of his behaviour but lessons learned and really we shouldn't have taken in a dog that the rescue center had not properly assessed so again lesson learned. I've read through all he responses to this and to be honest some of them aren't worth the time it took people to write them but again, I put the post out and so even the idiots were bound to have their say.

i too be honest think your a cruel c**t if you couldnt handle the dog why not rehome him with someone like a young lad that has a kennel and a run where he was proberbly used to being from a pup instead of trying to house break a dog all youve done is f**k the dog about fancy sending him back to the shelter where in time after he been rehomed with a few more idiots like yourself will be returned then rehomed then in the end the shelter will simply put him to sleep and i blame you for this if youd of just advertised him on here or a simlar site and explained what he was like im sure someone would have took a chance on him where he would of settled right in and i think kate b would of been the perfect choice jmo but things like this piss me off your just a jacker that throws the towel in after a few days

I wasn't going to directly answer this but you've clearly got a chip on your shoulder. With a name like that and the way you can't respond with calling me c**t. It also shows how stupid you are. Part of the responsibility of taking a dog from a rescue centre is that if it doesn't work out you take it back and not just pass it on to anyone. Maybe you would've done that but I at least took it back to a place where it's safety was secured and no, they don't ever put animals down. I could tell you the name of the center for you to do your own research but you probably wouldn't. It is obvious on a forum like this everyone is bound to have an opinion and I asked for those opinions but you're clearly an expert. If that's the case why aren't you giving constructive advice instead of trying to be the big man with name calling. This is an adult forum, people have differences of opinion and different ways of doing things. As for dragging Katie B into it, what's your problem, do you like to try and belittle people, You're everything that is wrong with field sports and why the public are so against us. No wonder our sports are being threatened when we have spokespeople like you to represent us.

i too be honest think your a cruel c**t if you couldnt handle the dog why not rehome him with someone like a young lad that has a kennel and a run where he was proberbly used to being from a pup instead of trying to house break a dog all youve done is f**k the dog about fancy sending him back to the shelter where in time after he been rehomed with a few more idiots like yourself will be returned then rehomed then in the end the shelter will simply put him to sleep and i blame you for this if youd of just advertised him on here or a simlar site and explained what he was like im sure someone would have took a chance on him where he would of settled right in and i think kate b would of been the perfect choice jmo but things like this piss me off your just a jacker that throws the towel in after a few days

I wasn't going to directly answer this but you've clearly got a chip on your shoulder. With a name like that and the way you can't respond with calling me c**t. It also shows how stupid you are. Part of the responsibility of taking a dog from a rescue centre is that if it doesn't work out you take it back and not just pass it on to anyone. Maybe you would've done that but I at least took it back to a place where it's safety was secured and no, they don't ever put animals down. I could tell you the name of the center for you to do your own research but you probably wouldn't. It is obvious on a forum like this everyone is bound to have an opinion and I asked for those opinions but you're clearly an expert. If that's the case why aren't you giving constructive advice instead of trying to be the big man with name calling. This is an adult forum, people have differences of opinion and different ways of doing things. As for dragging Katie B into it, what's your problem, do you like to try and belittle people, You're everything that is wrong with field sports and why the public are so against us. No wonder our sports are being threatened when we have spokespeople like you to represent us.

what your post should have read is ( dont have a pup or dog , with out understanding how these animals function ) you had it 3 days and threw the towel in .Christ my big dog Buck never stopped chewing is kennel, or what ever in 4 years , my other dog Bryn ive never liked its temp, dont like colliex temp, he 9 year old, ive just bit the bullet and get on with them as best as i could .There dogs not humans , and only got so much intelligence , prob comp to a 10 year old kid, and we all know what young kids can be like . lol a dog will act like a dog !! , my son got a rescue dog woody little jack. when he visits me with the little fecker i am always glad to see it go back lol, the dog like most jacks full of it self and a wrecker,, chopped me hose pipe, water cans, anything it sees in my garden ,oh and it bites my 2 lurchers when it gets the chance lol, yeh deff its a little jack lol. as i said on my thread dont get a dog get a gun, better for you and any other dog , thats the only thing come over in this post . :yes:

• Like 2

If you still think your after a working dog I'd suggest maybe see if anybody local can get you out a few times see what's involved with lamping/dogs before you get another. I will be honest though if you've given up after a few days dogs with a high drive may not be for you.

I think it was a combination of a couple of things Rusty. Yes it was a very short time and yes a rescue dog does come with a potential set of problems. I think if I wasn't working then it would have been different because I then wouldn't have had to rush to make decisions but also I think it's going to be a good idea to do a bit more background research. We were told similar things about Freya and her energy levels are really high and so we are used to that, what we were struggling with was the destructive part of his behaviour but lessons learned and really we shouldn't have taken in a dog that the rescue center had not properly assessed so again lesson learned. I've read through all he responses to this and to be honest some of them aren't worth the time it took people to write them but again, I put the post out and so even the idiots were bound to have their say.
Bet all that dog needed was a good run.

My pup has destroyed everything around it for last 4 month and she nearly 10 month old now, should of called it chew chew not Luna.

Anyway, was going to wait till September but could'nt, had her out plenty everyday but was not enough for her so took her to the rabbits a couple times, she did really well and I not had a problem or a peep out of her since. Settled into a nice little dog thats a pleasure to own.

• Like 1

Sounds like a normal new dog to me, either walk it until all it wants to do is sleep, or get yourself a cat

no thank you I don't need a cat but having to walk around continuously after him wasn't working. He's not a pup he's between two and five and so should be through the chewing stage and I'd moved most things from one garden to the back but he was just relentless and he was walked at least six times a day.
They always chew stuff pal my lab steals anything and my beddy whippet will chew it to bits.

A bone can help with chewing.a rescue dog will come with all sorts if problems..maybe none...as a dog owner we learn to combat such behaviour...i moved in to my house a year ago got my put and she f****d my nice garden and even tool to wallpaper stripping. In most cases bad behaviour can be corrected......you didn't give the dog a chance....