Plummer Terrier.... Found!

Had a bit of info tonight. Not getting my hopes up just yet but someone sent me a link to a Facebook page where an article said that a dog was rescued from a lake at 1am yesterday morning by local fishermen, RSPCA and fire service.

This lake is 2 mins walk from my house and 2.2 mile from where I lost her. And we all know she loves swimming.

I've rang the RSPCA. No info available. Took my details. Said the officer who attended will call me but he might not work weekends so could be Monday.

I've rang Staffordshire fire and rescue who gave me an RSPCA log number and said they think the dog was black but aren't 100%.

Rang RSPCA back with the log number. They found out that it was a small breed dog but had no other info on system. No breed or colour. Again said someone will call me back next couple days.

So just a waiting game now. Could be her. Could be coincidence.

If it is her she made a pretty good attempt at trying to get home and was pretty close.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell you what boys, I've had lads message me that I've never spoke to, lads PMing me offering to come up with there lurchers and hounds to see if they can find her to ground. Lads I've had crossed w

That's very good of you plucky. Thank you. Thanks to all the other lads who've commented, posted on Facebook and offered help and lads have even travelled to help me look.   But...   She's home!!!

Was she losted on a mooch..if you need me tomorrow am here

Yeh I'm still hopeful trigger mate. Fingers crossed she turns up.

I've been going back to the same spot 2-3 times a day and leaving the boot open while I walk the land in case she goes to the motor and I miss her. I know she will jump in the boot and wait there.

Socks - I like the idea of a cocker but I ain't getting anything else just yet. I'm considering getting goldfish. Lol

cockers are not bad little animals, i am not one for spaniels as a rule but ive recently took a liking to cockers. my nephew has one and she isnt big enough to bring cock pheasants back lol. those pups i offered you a chance of are turning into some smart looking dogs

Make sure you phone all the relevant people: every day. It is not unheard of for dog wardens to keep the finding of a working dog to themselves if they don't want it to return to a working home. This happened to someone I know. Disgusting behaviour, but most rescues, shelters etc are run by people who are very anti hunting.

And even if this isn't the case, rescues and shelters are notoriously bad at updating people who have lost a dog. In a way I can see their point of view: they get so many strays, dumps, lost dogs through their doors they just wouldn't have the time or the man power to be on the phone to every owner, or even check their books to see if a dog coming in tallies with one that has been reported missing.

Make sure you phone all the relevant people: every day. It is not unheard of for dog wardens to keep the finding of a working dog to themselves if they don't want it to return to a working home. This happened to someone I know. Disgusting behaviour, but most rescues, shelters etc are run by people who are very anti hunting.

And even if this isn't the case, rescues and shelters are notoriously bad at updating people who have lost a dog. In a way I can see their point of view: they get so many strays, dumps, lost dogs through their doors they just wouldn't have the time or the man power to be on the phone to every owner, or even check their books to see if a dog coming in tallies with one that has been reported missing.

I've been into them daily penny. Thanks.

I've heard a few stories of rescue type places not reuniting dogs with their owner for various different reasons. Usually bad reasons. I've witnessed a few cases first hand as I volunteered for animal lifeline as a kid for 6 years.

Gaz I hope she is found soon, not so much for yours and the dogs sake but for your daughters sake, she will be devastated if the dog is not found.

Good luck with the search.

TC

Littleun is pretty upset mate. Cheers

She could be trapped in set if fox has bolted lurchers won't mark up have look at sets again with no dogs with you, hope you find bitch soon mate

I'm pretty sure the lurchers would mark if they knew the terrier was to ground. Regardless of what else was down there. They work together as a team every day. But I could be wrong.

I've been back checking sets in the area every day since Thursday and had my ear to the ground.

Cheers fella.

• Like 1

She could be trapped in set if fox has bolted lurchers won't mark up have look at sets again with no dogs with you, hope you find bitch soon mate

I'm pretty sure the lurchers would mark if they knew the terrier was to ground. Regardless of what else was down there. They work together as a team every day. But I could be wrong.

I've been back checking sets in the area every day since Thursday and had my ear to the ground.

Cheers fella.

hope you find her soon, any drains or rock piles where you lost her mate