Ever Think Of Jacking The Hounds

Its been a nightmare this year form the hunting has finished we had to move kennel just at the end of the season and since then we have had nothing but kennel fights losing one bitch that was due to pup and losing a young dog yesterday plus ive a old welsh dog hound thats done

Its been enough to make me think about quiting but i know its not in me we are only a small foot pack and loseing three hounds is gonna leave a bit of a hole in are pack

So if anyone one has or knows of any entered hounds could they please drop me a pm with details thanks

There is only only one way to sort the kennel fighting, we went through a spell of hell with the same crack a few years back, we culled two hounds wrongly thinking they were the reason for the fighting but it wasn't until we put a camera in the kennels that we found the culprit! And funnily enough it wasn't one that we would have ever pointed the finger at, come September it will sort itself out and hunting will cure all head aches!!

Would bringing in new hounds not leave the situation even worse,strange dogs in kennells with a pack that already are at each others throats or can you seperate or have the room to do so.I see it wit the terriers also this time of the year,weather hot and humid and dogs narky as f**k,once the hunting kicks off again it should sort itself out.

• Like 1

Not a jibe in any way mate but are the dogs getting enough exercise, this time of year they get bored easily when not hunting as I'm sure you already know . Hope things take a turn for the better , and you get sorted . Il keep my eye out for hounds but there hard to get

Or he could be at the other end of the scale BlackBuck and have them to fit and in to much of a routine. All well and good when your a Pro or have them on your doorstep but sometimes you need to be shaking things up so they don't get set in there ways. Depending on the circumstances sometimes less is better and plenty of grub to keep the edge off. As has been sayed though from now on you'll see them changing and getting up on they're toes. The seasoned heads arent daft and know its not far away. Bitches in season. Full moons. A strange disturbance. To much freedom in the grass runs. Been there got the T-shirt and it's a fecking ball ache. Though going by your talk i'd say you've a demon in there somewhere and as FATMAN says drafting in old hounds can just cause more problems or start problems that weren't there.

Keep the head up and march on. Breed plenty. Look at splitting lodges if possible, especially during summer. I've also seen lads use the concrete rings on they're side against a wall so if something starts the hound can back in and not get jibed at from the sides and back. And as Fox digger sayed the culprit could be a hound you don't expect and alot of the time the bugger starting it wont finish it.

The hounds get walked out most day but more just to take edge of them get them out kennels and get the younger dogs used to walking out with the pack

The fighting has only been a recent thing from we had to leave the other kennels at the end the hunting season yes they had the odd scuffel but im hopeing its just a bit of a power struggle due to the move and in time will settle down

once season starts im sure all will be well

as for drafting in another couple of hounds des you are probley right it would upset the balance again but im in bit of sticky spot my main searching dog is done the young dog that got killed i was hopeing would replace him the bitch that was in pup was a decent searching thing also the rest the hounds in the pack have there part to play but none would in my eyes would be great searchers but mark very well

we are not in a position where we can kennel 15 or so couple if i was then id not have to draft in any i asked as i know the dogs we lost have put a big hole in the pack and dont want let the land owners down as much as i enjoy hunting we also have to get results