Kudos To Schmidt & Bender

After finding that my S&B 8x56 Klassic didn't suit my night time forays with my Archer add-on, I sold it on fleabay.

The buyer (huntergather-2008) had it for FOUR DAYS before claiming it was broken (I have witnesses who will vouch for the fact that there was nothing wrong with it when I sent it).

Fleabay in their wisdom never listened to a word I said and repaid the buyer in full from my bank account. And the scumbag even left me bad feedback. :boxing:

After paying for the return postage I now had a broken scope (there was a slight rattle when turned end for end) and was out two lots of postage.

I suppose there was a very slight chance of Royal mail breaking it although I packed it very well but proving it was well nigh impossible and I didn't even bother to try.

No way would I try to sell a broken scope so the only option was to send it back to Germany for repair. More postage!

After not hearing anything three weeks later I was told by S&B that they hadn't received it.

After cursing my luck yet again (my favourite saying is "If I didn't have any bad luck I'd have no f****** luck at all"

I then started a claim with Royal Mail only to be told I couldn't claim til 20 working days had elapsed. Don't know if that got someones finger out but........

The very next day I received an email from S&B saying "Good news, your scope has arrived". Did I ever breathe a sigh of relief!

Today I received this from S&B, (Can't attach in other than PDF so I hope it works)

S&B Order.pdf

I can only say thanks to S&B. Quality service from a quality company.

Well done you , there are scumbags on the bay , I have a small one on there at the moment , paid strait away sent a msg saying please could I have my item asap please, three weeks later and three more emails and nothing. Got to get on them to see if I can get my money back.

At least your scope should work as good as new now.

:thumbs: Bit of luck in the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...