Posted This In The Wrong Place Originally, Question On Suitable Dog Pairing.

Squab on here seems to have success with the spaniel types. I'm sure he will see this soon.

There are plenty of other lads working them too. I've got a terrier myself but may look into the spaniel route in future.

I use a springer now and again with the lurchers when i can borrow it, and my mate has a cocker, both handy enough for bushing with the lurchers, although for rabbits I find my teckel better as he bays on them and the lurchers know straight away!

• Like 1

I use a springer now and again with the lurchers when i can borrow it, and my mate has a cocker, both handy enough for bushing with the lurchers, although for rabbits I find my teckel better as he bays on them and the lurchers know straight away!

There's a fella here near Belfast that breeds a line that started out in Texas and they are capable dogs. Those pups are the main reason I asked this question. I thought a cocker or a small springer might have saved me training a terrier but those dachshunds are a million miles from the normal types you see these days. Little dogs can hunt everything. I know how terriers work with lurchers but not much experience with spaniels. I want to hear from a few folks who use(d) spaniels with lurchers, even a night out with someone else's. Any info is appreciated, thank you.