Advice For Obese Dog Please.

Well done.

May be the picture but it still looks a bit fat :laugh: .

Back to the fat dog. Dogs are remarkable and resilient. As long as they are getting enough nutrients they can live off next to nothing. They are not only hunters, they are natural scavengers and can go days with no food. That dog as a fatty could go for a long time with next to nish.

Is it a high drive lively dog, or is it a laid back type that likes a backy on a quad?

• Like 2

Very driven. She pushes the sheep away from the quad and feed trailer so I can get through the gates.then it takes every ounce of her self control not to take a flying leap of the bike and wrestle a sheep to the ground!! they are quite a thick set heavy breed.hopefully gonna put my collie dog over her this summer

Edited by max_wood
  • Like 1

Very driven. She pushes the sheep away from the quad and feed trailer so I can get through the gates.then it takes every ounce of her self control not to take a flying leap of the bike and wrestle a sheep to the ground!! they are quite a thick set heavy breed.hopefully gonna put my collie dog over her this summer

What style is your collie your going to pet over her? Is that a electric snacker you have on the bike?

Cattle dogs are really good doers with the dingo blood.They get by with half the food of a dog the same size can handle the heat and work all day in horrible country.Just feed less and gradually increase the exercise.Plenty of them here live to over 20 years.Best guard for your ute. but getting hard to find genuine working stock.

What style is your collie your going to pet over her? Is that a electric snacker you have on the bike?

Yes mate snacker wagon.problem is the feed comes out at the back so as soon as you get to the gate the sheep try and rush past you and get to the back of it so the dog has to push and hold them back. Collie is a big strong workhorse.he's a good lad.never get stuck with him about!would work all day if you'll let him.

Yes mate snacker wagon.problem is the feed comes out at the back so as soon as you get to the gate the sheep try and rush past you and get to the back of it so the dog has to push and hold them back. Collie is a big strong workhorse.he's a good lad.never get stuck with him about!would work all day if you'll let him.

Snazzy, im still slumming it with the old type lol, it's still better than running down the field with a bag of feed trying not to get downed by them. Does it have a lot of eye your dog or is he more a fell/up and at em type?

Its good if you can find a good way to fill it up.she's good as she will keep the sheep off my where i feed bags.he's a get the job done type mate.can't stand creeping about on their belly type dogs.all he wants to do is bring sheep to you.doesn't take any crap.I'm hoping they have his outrun and ability and her fearlessness and punch.

Its good if you can find a good way to fill it up.she's good as she will keep the sheep off my where i feed bags.he's a get the job done type mate.can't stand creeping about on their belly type dogs.all he wants to do is bring sheep to you.doesn't take any crap.I'm hoping they have his outrun and ability and her fearlessness and punch.

He sounds a lot like my big dog Jed 8C0B1782-8EDB-4544-A2E1-83CD9B813ACC_zps

I put him over my fathers kelpie x collie bitch and they are coming up for 2 1/2 now and showing a lot of promise. Out of 6 only 2 of them have been culls at this point so looks good. The bitchs have really thrown to there mothers side, not as much force/power as there dad but are extremely sharp and on the ball. The dogs are like wolfs they take no prisoners and tbh have been very hard work but i like them that way to begin with, it's easier to slow them down than speed them up.