Dusted The Air Rifle Off...

Cheers Gaz, I really like the look of that pie. Also, it's great that your little 'un likes rabbit (proper, honest food) :good:

I've just arranged to go out tomorrow night - I should be able to get a couple for that easily enough :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right so we had a decent day ferreting yesterday, most have gone off to the game dealers and other lads had a few but I brought myself half a dozen for the table. Had a few recipes in mind and still w

Need a bit of grub for the ferrets so dusted my daystste off this morning and nipped to a permission down the road.   First gate I looked over there was a rabbit sat about 20 yards out. First shot,

Nice one Gaz. I'd be eating the pigeon myself lol. Not for the ferrets good meat like that mate

Cheers Gaz, I really like the look of that pie. Also, it's great that your little 'un likes rabbit (proper, honest food) :good:

I've just arranged to go out tomorrow night - I should be able to get a couple for that easily enough :yes:

Good stuff mate.

What do you night shooters use? Lamps and torches or night vision? Never done it but wouldn't mind a bash sometime.

Good stuff mate.

What do you night shooters use? Lamps and torches or night vision? Never done it but wouldn't mind a bash sometime.

I use a night vision kit - Either a Nite Site Viper or an NVUK home brew style kit.

If you're ever down Swindon way for the night, give me a shout :thumbs:

Good stuff mate.

I use a night vision kit - Either a Nite Site Viper or an NVUK home brew style kit.

Cheers fella will bare that in mind. I work down Swindon now and then for a few days at a time.

A bloke at work makes really good night vision kits and sells them for £250. He's had really good reviews off the lads that have brought them. I'm tempted to get one off him but think I need a better scope to justify the kit.

Good stuff mate.

Cheers fella will bare that in mind. I work down Swindon now and then for a few days at a time.

A bloke at work makes really good night vision kits and sells them for £250. He's had really good reviews off the lads that have brought them. I'm tempted to get one off him but think I need a better scope to justify the kit.

Bring your rifle next time - we can try both of mine on it before you fork out on a new scope.

These add on kits do work best with best with side Parallax adjustment but, I have had one working on a scope with front adjustment.

Gaz,am I reading right? You've had that rifle almost ten year and never lamped :hmm: that's one of the best times for large numbers usually,if you've somewhere to go get on it,a basic set up will be cheap and it's not that difficult to master,ha,is anything? But it's a part of air rifle shooting that everybody should have tried I think...

Edited by random

Oh and I am looking at nv myself but for now my rare trips out are on the torch style lamp,light and bright so ideal for being rifle mounted,but the thought of no beam cutting across the place and that bit more invisibility are very appealing...

Gaz,am I reading right? You've had that rifle almost ten year and never lamped :hmm: that's one of the best times for large numbers usually,if you've somewhere to go get on it,a basic set up will be cheap and it's not that difficult to master,ha,is anything? But it's a part of air rifle shooting that everybody should have tried I think...

Hey up random,

No mate never Lamped with air rifle. I'm a lurcher man so any dark windy nights are out with the dogs.

Spoke to my dad earlier and he said he got me the gun for my 16th birthday not my 18th so I've had it 12 years. Haha.

I've just finished my second tin of pellets today. So it's had 1000 through it in 12 years. Lol.

I'm a better shot than I thought to be honest (I think!?). Can't seem to miss at 20-30 yards and always clean head shots and clean kills.

Maybe that's just average though I don't know.

These are the kits that the bloke at work makes. I've seen one in person and it looked very good. Might treat myself...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222176598950

Not bad that kit and £180 is OK,good components would cost over a hundred and 2 tins and no lamping in that time is illegal surely? I get the dog thing my mate was an air rifle and dog man and would choose the dog first every time,its about the sport and challenges and I suppose thrill more than filling the bag,i think I've read you have ferrets? Those of us that do can get some could numbers in short sessions if they are there to be had...

Between 20/30 yards is about average,some will say they average much further! But it's about clean kills and fieldcraft really,if youre going to kill it,kill it!

Edited by random
  • Like 1

Cheers random. He says the kit costs him about £120 and he will do me one for a better price than the Ebay listing.

I have got ferrets mate yeh. Lamping with the dogs always comes first, not just because I enjoy it more (I enjoy the shooting side) but because the dogs need the graft and I don't like seeing them sat in kennels.

Maybe one day when the dog work gets too hot and I don't want the myther I will take up the shooting a bit more.

One thing I've found is that shooting permission comes so much easier. The amount of time I've asked for ferreting or lamping permission and been told no but you can shoot on here.

The permission thing seems to be the other way round for me and lads I know,when places come our way with a rabbit problem the owners seem keen to have them ferreted but shot is more often a no,i think it's the safety side of it,i mean how much damage can you do with a ferret? :laugh:

Another lad I know seems to get an ooh yes please get rid sir whenever he asks for shooting permission,then slowly stops going for whatever reason and costs us the perm,when I ask to go back on my own its awkward as they feel Im unreliable somehow?

Reminds me,must get onto some places after my holiday...