Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Our gsd 4 months old now . Started barking when people walk past house 

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5015.JPG

lovley  last pic, from what ive find, from people  who keep pure gsd's, they make great family dogs, love the kids and would protect  them.  i know one thing from own dog Buck, even though he only 1/2 gsd and the rest grey, he great with kids real gentle , i know you can't trust  any dog 100% with kids , but i trust Buck more than any other dog ive had  old Bryn close 2nd , Buck dont guard  as he kenneled  out with Bryn , Bryn never barked  and is friendly , so i really  think Buck just does the same.But i do think if Buck had gone in with say a pure gsd or another guarding type Breed he deff guard, but as ive always said it good job he soft with people and dogs, as he be nightmare if he was nasty  with his size and power .  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Was only thinking other day never hear anything about people owning presas anymore.

I have the 2 mate 1st I had was bred over here in UK she’s athletic as hell n makes her self heard 

this 1 in the pics was from Romania 5 this year never let me down knows her job well and as strong as they come 

presa’s seem to be becoming the overbred Mastiff these days I think every1 at it without breeding for specific traits more for looks and money 

• Like 2

There’s them both together not a lot of difference in height but cropped bitch thicker set & bigger head both strong and able tho I rate a well bred Presa very highly 

both have produced some great pups few are in work and all seem to be great Family guardians 

419EAB98-DE02-4C8D-821D-B5B78B593E11.jpeg

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TerrierKie said:

I have the 2 mate 1st I had was bred over here in UK she’s athletic as hell n makes her self heard 

this 1 in the pics was from Romania 5 this year never let me down knows her job well and as strong as they come 

presa’s seem to be becoming the overbred Mastiff these days I think every1 at it without breeding for specific traits more for looks and money 

Shame,think that's what ruined the American bulldogs , good sound temperament in both Parents is a must before breeding should be considered.

• Like 1
Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

Shame,think that's what ruined the American bulldogs , good sound temperament in both Parents is a must before breeding should be considered.

A lot of good working breeds have been ruined by money hungry show offs 

& yes I agree mate I took a lot of time and serious thinking when I paired both my bitches with the Studs pretty happy with what they produced very sturdy and level headed dogs 

• Like 1