Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

wel lads just curious to know what type of guard dogs if needed do people have for their yards.i have a 3yr old dutch shepard really good at his job.u have to be on ur toes with him.knpv breeding. their seems to be a rise of malinois type dogs on the market at the moment.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

Don't think you will go wrong with one of them nice looking too . The women who I get my imported gwp teckels etc off has them and trains them . Very impressed with the video's that she's shown me . And really fit for purpose . Also know a few lads with the mastiff's breeds they gaurd well too .

I used to have an Irish terrier, she was a teddy bear with family and friends but put your hand over the wall and attempt to unlock the gates and she turned into a hairy chainsaw, likewise with other dogs, soft as shit until one got shirty and then light the blue touch paper and stand back, she was a lovely dog and a great guard, I would have another in an instant, a real wolf in sheeps clothing

She is a bouvier, serious handful as a pup but settled down and loyal as you like. In her peak she was around 40kg and a bit of beast, nowadays she lazies around farting, still scares the postman mind. Good option for a guarding breed in my eyes as they are generally happy with lazing around once past puppy stage but kick into action as required atb

• Like 1

wel lads just curious to know what type of guard dogs if needed do people have for their yards.i have a 3yr old dutch shepard really good at his job.u have to be on ur toes with him.knpv breeding. their seems to be a rise of malinois type dogs on the market at the moment.

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or guard dog as they are more prey than defence driven.Like I said their popularity is going to be their downfall as too many people seeing the YouTube video of them doing what they do best without understanding the work and commitment it takes to get them there.
  • Like 13

post-84709-0-61698900-1468166819_thumb.jpg

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or guard dog as they are more prey than defence driven.Like I said their popularity is going to be their downfall as too many people seeing the YouTube video of them doing what they do best without understanding the work and commitment it takes to get them there.

Yeh it won't be long.......accidents waiting to happen.....I've seen malinois here just kept as yard dogs & they generally look unhinged! A real waste of a great dog.

• Like 4

Yeh it won't be long.......accidents waiting to happen.....I've seen malinois here just kept as yard dogs & they generally look unhinged! A real waste of a great dog.

They are all herders at the end of the day so no different than a proper working bred collie that's kept as a pet or expected to just lay around the place.Without the correct amount of stimulation mental and physical they end up going off their rockers and end up liabilities.If you want a yard dog get a breed that was designed to be defensive and lay about not really doing a lot until it's defence drive is stoked.
  • Like 4

They are all herders at the end of the day so no different than a proper working bred collie that's kept as a pet or expected to just lay around the place.Without the correct amount of stimulation mental and physical they end up going off their rockers and end up liabilities.If you want a yard dog get a breed that was designed to be defensive and lay about not really doing a lot until it's defence drive is stoked.

In that case, I'd go for something with Rottweiler or Mastiff in. My next door neighbour who is about 84 has a rescue Malinois x Lab or something along those lines, really chilled out but would not fancy going into his garden or house without being invited.

it must be some job to get the dog back in that box beside it.lol
  • Like 8