Shortage of rabbits........?

Guest little_lloyd

Well i took the ferrets down along with the pups and a mate today on my shooting ground and produced ONE f*****g rabbit :thumbdown: ,, thsat proves how they have not recovered from the mxyi :censored::censored: Oh and a seven mice bolted from a corrugated iron board By one of the feed hoppers so my pup snapped one up ;)

We tried three warrens today and got one f*****g bunny :o ,, that proves how the rabbit numbers havr not recoved yet since septemtember ive killed what 19 rabbits,, f*****g rediculus :wallbash:

But I cant wait to get on some rabbit controll permssion on Sunday where it does not seem to get mxyi at all :D

Good hunting & Trapping LL ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went on a rough shoot in my area that normaly averages about 10 hare and we only seen 1 hair all day

Hares arent affected by mixy....

Only rabbits are.

year why is that??????????

Myxomatosis is spread from rabbit to rabbit by blood sucking insects, particularly the rabbit flea.It can spread form wild to domestic rabbits, but it does not affect any other animals such as hares, cats,dogs or humans.

Stallion.

Very patchy in south-west Herts. One farm I shoot over seems to have no rabbits that don't have the disease - every one I've shot has been riddled with it. But the other farm, ten miles away, has loads of rabbits and no disease it seems.

I'm off there next week if there's a dry but windy night with the shotgun and lamp (and wife to hold the lamp).

I occasionally see them during the day (got a nice fat one ten days ago) but I think just after dusk will be good if the fields haven't flooded again.

i went on a rough shoot in my area that normaly averages about 10 hare and we only seen 1 hair all day

Hares arent affected by mixy....

Only rabbits are.

year why is that??????????

Mainly because hares are not rabbits... :blink: I dont get the queston.

Seeing a few signs of mxy around, not bad though...still plenty of rabbits in certain areas, but lots are quite lamp shy.... was out today and bolted a few youngsters...theres no stopping them.. :)

As much as it pains me to say it, they are so fecking cute :laugh::icon_redface:

We had a few young'uns 'bolt' yesterday, first all season.

Seeing a few signs of mxy around, not bad though...still plenty of rabbits in certain areas, but lots are quite lamp shy.... was out today and bolted a few youngsters...theres no stopping them.. :)

Flippin ek Ian that is early, I can't recall ever seeing young in January before around my patch!

Might be wet, but in principle its mild and food is about...so recipe for early breeding AND Mixxy...Hey Ho, another year dawns!

Interesing though, as I picked up my first new bit of land for 2008 yesterday, and walking it with the owner it was full of "tame" bunnies and they were very frisky, no sign of mixxy. She wants them dealt with but has also lost 18 of her 20 chickens in the last 10 days so looks like fun at this place (got to leave the deer alone though)!

Cheers

Deker

A lot of the does have young in them as well deker, the seasons as we know are all to pot.... Its great when you get somewhere thats not been touched and everything is green as they come... :D. Hopefully the weather shapes up and you can get some good sport there :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been shooting down at a friends in the New Forest. Absolutly swarming with Rabbits, and I had a great days shooting :boogie:

As for back here in Berkshire?. I've seen one rabbit at the market garden I shoot at in five trips out, and none at all around Windsor/old Windsor.

Normally all these places are crammed with them!.

If you live in Berkshire, and this isn't the case where you shoot, let me know!. It seems to have dried up around here... :(

Has everyone noticed the shortage of rabbits this season due to the massive outbreak of mxyamatosis.

Our area has been decimated, the worst for many years around here.

I was wondering if other areas (apart from here in the Midlands) had also been badly hit?

Rolfe

hi; i,m new to the site and finding it very interesting. i,ve got some permission nr york, and havn,t had a single mixi this season. yet over in the dales it,s rife..are the farmers still putting down the desease.

• 2 weeks later...