Shortage of rabbits........?

its it true that rabbits can get over mixy and if they do there dont get it again and ever do there offspring

Myxomatosis is a virus. Viruses mutate so nothing can build an imunity to them. Bit like colds really. You can have a series of them, but its just the same one which has mutated so the imunity that built up with the previous one is no longer effective.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has everyone noticed the shortage of rabbits this season due to the massive outbreak of mxyamatosis.

Our area has been decimated, the worst for many years around here.

I was wondering if other areas (apart from here in the Midlands) had also been badly hit?

Rolfe

It`s been no good this year all the rabbits have gone on holiday all the cosavons are pinching them along with swans ....................nope myxi has destroyed them :censored:

Maybe the polish have started Taking them as well as the fish

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Been absolutely dreadful here in S.Wales :cry: I'm really struggling to get numbers this season, myxi everywhere :icon_eek::no:

Hi I was wundering if you knew for anywhere near merthyrtydfil good for starting a young lurcher on rabbits as mixy killed basicly everything in merthyr as far as I know

thanks for any info

• 3 weeks later...

:wallbash: Well this mixy has hit us falconers, trapper's and ferret's hard this year and that figure of around 40m bunny's in this country had dropet alot in number's, ie hampshire as i was talking to the snareman at pesttec and he has not seen the number of bunny's and that is the some down on the south coast and if we did it had mixy but then longdog13 and he is up around the medway, kent area and has not had 1 problem.

So finger's crossed all you hunter's that have had a big problem this year to a great hunt and return of are missing bunny's next year.

And just a Quike one they are now showing sing's that some are starting to build up a amume to mixy, so let's hope that is the case :boogie:

Well Take Care All

&

Safe Hunting :gunsmilie:

:wallbash: Well this mixy has hit us falconers, trapper's and ferret's hard this year and that figure of around 40m bunny's in this country had dropet alot in number's, ie hampshire as i was talking to the snareman at pesttec and he has not seen the number of bunny's and that is the some down on the south coast and if we did it had mixy but then longdog13 and he is up around the medway, kent area and has not had 1 problem.

So finger's crossed all you hunter's that have had a big problem this year to a great hunt and return of are missing bunny's next year.

And just a Quike one they are now showing sing's that some are starting to build up a amume to mixy, so let's hope that is the case :boogie:

Well Take Care All

&

Safe Hunting :gunsmilie:

Mixxy is horrible and I have no time for it whatsoever, but immunity is something for the scientists!

As for hoping they will all return next year :hmm::hmm: lets get it straight...anyone at Pest Ex..Do I assume that is what you meant, wants rabbit removed or at best controlled!!

If you are a "sportsman" and want some "fun" then you obviously want some quarry, I am a Game and Vermin controller, as are most at Pest Ex and I am paid to get rid of them!!

We come at this from completely different angles, too many forget this!! :thumbs: