Looking To Start Using Long Net While Ferreting

am looking to start using the long net this season, ive no real experience with them, mostly purse nets... ill be using them on grouse moors, hills, and hedge rows?? if possible..

what would experienced long netters recommend for a novice..??

• 2 weeks later...

Only time i ever truly used a long net was at a railway banking at Perth ran three long nets along the top and put down five hundred purse nets most where caught in the purse nets but the few that went over the top where caught up in the longnets . there wasnt so many holes at the back and we just ferreted those into the longnets .

always thought it would be handy running a couple of nets down the middle of that ground at Montrose though Joe ?.

Only time i ever truly used a long net was at a railway banking at Perth ran three long nets along the top and put down five hundred purse nets most where caught in the purse nets but the few that went over the top where caught up in the longnets . there wasnt so many holes at the back and we just ferreted those into the longnets .

always thought it would be handy running a couple of nets down the middle of that ground at Montrose though Joe ?.

Five hundred purse nets?
  • Like 1

Five hundred purse nets?

Aye most hole hopped and you needed the purse nets to pick them up the long nets only picked the ones that went over the top , had many a great day out there with guys off of here and there ferrets used to fire in a dozen and when the rabbits started moving put more in till we often had twenty ferrets working away

• 3 weeks later...

Quicksets are idiot proof, even I can use them, and there is a few videos online on how to use them. Speak to Nels0n on this forum he will get you sorted.

great advice

i recently started using long nets for ferreting and there a superb addition to the equipment. gat some shorter nets rather than one big long one though more versatile that way!!

enjoy

cheers P

• Like 1

i like to use 25 yard nets on hedge rows with a few stop nets running through the hedge as you work up the hedge lift the first net and put it in front of the last net if there are a lot of holes and you dont have enough purses nets to cover all the holes cover a hole then miss a hole this will stop hole hoping

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...