Tory Leadership Campaign

the Tory leaderships campaign starts tomorrow it's looking like Boris v Teresa may v Stephen crabb but I suspect there may be more names added to that maybe gove? So where's the smart money at? Does it have to be a leave campaigner that takes the helm? It's clear that whoever it is they have got to be on there A game to see brexit through its crucial they get this right.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rees-Mogg is actually one of the very few Tories I have any time for. Might disagree with him on a lot but he's a gentleman and has principles, two things very lacking in most politicians

So we have three women leaders in Scotland and now possibly of two here in England with Angela eagle and Teresa may.. all I can say is I hope the don't synchronise with there periods because for the

sturgeon aint got no blood in her she runs on engine oil

I think it has be someone pro leave as a pro remain would just shaft us

How could they fight for the best deal when they thought we had a good one as EU members

That was my initial thought also but after a bit of thinking I'm not so sure it has to be ... brexit is happening and politicians will want to move forward for there own sakes so if its the choice of a joke of a leaver or a star of a initial remainer surely the latter would be the best? Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

I to thought someone out of the leave camp should run it , they would surely need to prove there predictions were right and a decent deal could be won . Boris and Gove would be the ultimate people's choice and favourites but favourites with the Tory part seldom if ever win ..May played a canny game during the referendum working for the remain camp but not putting herself in the spotlight with I think one eye on the leadership race she knew would happen in the event of a leave success .

I can see mud slinging and shit stirring , giving Boris's colourful past most I think will come his way , by the Tory MPs but if he gets down to the last two when the vote gets down to the Tory supporters club he could nick it .

I have to hope if he gets it he's not the buffoon type he plays up to be sometimes , Crab is an unknown to me , remain camp but from ordinary background , clearly not a fool but would he have the experience to go into battle with the EU hyenas who would be looking to nick every angle ...who ever it is they need to get to it sharp ..

Boris has already hinted that keeping free movement is a starting point and he supports an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

May has proved herself to have no backbone when trying to deport criminals.....which was fine as we were shackled to Europe, but it was the spin she tried to put on it I didn't like.

may was very quite on the run up to brexit it could be her turn and is favoured by most torys she is now 5/4 fav I like Daniel hannan at 100/1, whoever it is they got to get the bit between their teeth , them scumbags at the eu want to see uk in pain so a fight is on the cards

Theresa May would be a disaster,she'd censor all dissent as she's wanted to for a long time.

She was talking about imprisoning people who criticise democracy at one point ffs.

I'd rather get Corbyn than her,at least he'd be too inept and unpopular to make a real difference.