Fish Finally Starting To Run The River Wear

Normally a few fish around by this time of year but apart from the odd one there's been nothing. Finally got a run through so hopefully should start seeing a few fish in the pools.

Tyed myself the tube I use in various sizes and got the gear ready so soon as weather settles Ill be getting stuck in.

post-26232-0-01847500-1467144760.jpgpost-26232-0-57325100-1467144843.jpg

• Like 7

Normally a few fish around by this time of year but apart from the odd one there's been nothing. Finally got a run through so hopefully should start seeing a few fish in the pools.

Tyed myself the tube I use in various sizes and got the gear ready so soon as weather settles Ill be getting stuck in.

attachicon.gifIMG_2868.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2858.JPG

how does that tube work..... :icon_redface: i take it you push the hook through?

You put a small piece of silicone tube on rear end push line through the fly tube, tie on hook then push hook up into tubing.You can but plastic tubes for tying on that you can push the hook inside of. you can use the plastic tube off a cotton bud with ends melted if you want, you can also get aluminium copper brass tungsten tubes.

• Like 2

I have fished the Wear since I was a young un was in the club for nearly twenty year just got too expensive for me plus having too many hobbies. Can't remember how many double figured sea trout I have had. I have personally seen 14lb sea trout and a 30lb salmon being taken off there.

• Like 2

Fantastic river,used to be one of the best sea trout rivers in the country when i was a kid with a healthy run of salmon as well,tight lines.

Now ranked the best sea trout river and second best salmon river in England so thing not changed mate.

I didnt realise it was the best sea trout river in england,its a beautiful river,used to be a fantastic place to fish as it always had great runs of fish,any of you ever fish durham near the ice rink?It used to be a free stretch.

• Like 2

Fantastic river,used to be one of the best sea trout rivers in the country when i was a kid with a healthy run of salmon as well,tight lines.

Now ranked the best sea trout river and second best salmon river in England so thing not changed mate.
I didnt realise it was the best sea trout river in england,its a beautiful river,used to be a fantastic place to fish as it always had great runs of fish,any of you ever fish durham near the ice rink?It used to be a free stretch.

Free stretch is now closed, apparently something to do with the amount of fish the snatchers where getting.

All the fishing on the wear is good whatever your after. I recently heard rumours of a huge 18lb barble.

• Like 3

I have and had a lot of luck Mackem
  • Like 1