Are the aldi trial cameras "no glow" covert type

Seen some trail cameras that flash red when they are triggered at night

Very easy to spot..... So easy to get stolen

I would be surprised at that price, I have several with red ir illumination and was worried about theft as you say, but in the six months I have been setting them, dozens of people have walked past them and not one has even looked toward the camera, it's not really a flash more a dull glow, I also make sure that when I set my cameras, each one is watching the next one so if any were stolen I should have a piccy of the thief unless they managed to find them all which is very doubtful, I have been trying to capture some otters I found last year so I set cams on both sides of the river so unless the thief is willing to swim the river or walk several miles to the nearest bridge I will have him on film if any get stolen and lastly I put my name and phone number inside on a small card so if people did take them not knowing what they are, they will phone me up,
  • Like 3

There is no glow from what I've seen. Not an issue for me as not set anywhere near footpaths or where members of the public would go and well hidden. The night footage isn't the best but lovely and clear in day light. I set one out trying to find a fox run and instead I got 103 videos of badgers, deer and rabbits!

• Like 1

There is no glow from what I've seen. Not an issue for me as not set anywhere near footpaths or where members of the public would go and well hidden. The night footage isn't the best but lovely and clear in day light. I set one out trying to find a fox run and instead I got 103 videos of badgers, deer and rabbits!

one of my best spots and I would imagine it's the same everywhere is a log across a brook, as it seems nothing likes to get its feet wet, I have one such spot and at night it's like a motorway, it's in a thick hedge as well so you have to crawl in to a sort of natural tunnel and place the cameras, but it's none stop busy once darkness falls
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought one and took it back. I thought I had lots of places to set it to monitor wild life passing through. But when you factor in it needs a clear line of site with no branches waving about which is not easy at this time of year. But also to be hidden which isnt helped by the silver led panel. So I decided I couldnt justify the dosh

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

I bought one and took it back. I thought I had lots of places to set it to monitor wild life passing through. But when you factor in it needs a clear line of site with no branches waving about which is not easy at this time of year. But also to be hidden which isnt helped by the silver led panel. So I decided I couldnt justify the dosh

Doesn't seem to bother the badgers and foxes near me, I've had them come right up to the camera and give it a sniff...

Doesn't seem to bother the badgers and foxes near me, I've had them come right up to the camera and give it a sniff...

was more worried about it getting stolen lol

was more worried about it getting stolen lol

Oh haha, I don't have that problem. No footpaths on the shoot Not that people stick to them anyway! Bloody right to roam!

• Like 1

I'm looking to get one to catch the scruffy c**ts who keep robbing the gardens near me ,cheers,

What distance away.....you can knock up one of those FPV that they use on the drones pretty cheaply

Even the cheap stuff will give you a 500m signal......then you can watch live stream