Who Fancies A Kayak Adventure????

Well as a few of you know I've a bit of a fundraiser going on this year which ends in October with 6 of us rowing the channel in a Cornish gig, all to raise money for Dream-A-Way charity.

We've put together a series of fundraisers leading up to it, inc a race night, go karting, a gig night and on the 8th July we're having an auction night.

We've had a few real decent prizes put into the pot and a lot of people have been very kind already, one of the prizes is a 2 day kayak fishing safari laid on by Geth (White Van Man) and myself.

We done this for Dymenteds auction on here a few years back and it had a lot of interest, raising £400 in the end.

We took 3 brummy lads out for 2 days, (Jonah off here, his brother and mate), they really enjoyed it, caught some decent fish, caught prawns at night in the lamp, rough camped on the rocks and ate what we caught (including a very nice bass!)

IMG_3903_zps115f81f0.jpg

IMG_3898_zpse724b8d6.jpg

IMG_3852-Copy_zps0ea912bf.jpg

IMG_3885-Copy_zpsf973eab4.jpg

IMG_3910_zpsfc5ae23f.jpg

Waking up at first light and looking out to sea, with the lads already up and flicking lures about, catching bass and pollack was a great way to start the day....

IMG_3919-Copy_zps183e7d15.jpg

So with that in mind I though I'd offer this auction prize to the lads on here first, the highest bid on Thursday 7th July will start the bidding on our auction night, if no one matches or betters the bid we will take out the group off here, if it is matched or bettered we will run 2 trips, so whoever wins the prize on here will definitely come down and spend the weekend with us.

The prize in brief is.

2 days kayak fishing with one night camping for up to 4 people, we can cater for children over 12 years old (just be warned it's a bit of a paddle and a farily long day so the kids need to be hardy enough!!)

all equipment supplied, inc kayaks, camping equipment, wet suits, buoyancy aids etc

all fishing equipment and bait supplied.

all food and drink supplied.

This will be in Devon, you will need to get to Exeter from there we will supply transport to and from the sea and hopefully everything else you need.

Once the final bid has been made at 8pm Thursday 7th July, the money can be paid directly into our just giving page which I have attached. Also attached is our Face Book link so you can check on our progress.

Thanks in advance

Kev

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/dreamaway

https://www.(!64.56:886/Six-oars-to-Nieuwpoort-1514774282155609/?fref=ts

• Like 14

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well as a few of you know I've a bit of a fundraiser going on this year which ends in October with 6 of us rowing the channel in a Cornish gig, all to raise money for Dream-A-Way charity. We've put t

It was a 3 day safari if you include our induction night on the Friday Kev ?.   In all seriousness this weekend is still talked about between us lads, a lot. One of those weekends that was up there

We can accommodate all shapes and sizes Tomo, a bit of butter and a good shove will get most people in em!! lol

It was a 3 day safari if you include our induction night on the Friday Kev ?.

In all seriousness this weekend is still talked about between us lads, a lot. One of those weekends that was up there with the best I've had with my brother, an we've been on a few different outings, as you do when your close.

Obviously they will never be able to guarantee you a certain amount of fish by type, only an idiot would promise that, its fishing after all!! What Kev and Geth did do was give us the best gear, bait, location and years of the inside line, priceless. We all caught fish we never had before, from yaks and land.

To top it all off they are proper sound, had some right belly laughs as well as an almost constant drip feed of piss taking. Just the way it should be IMO.

I'll be struggling to not hit the bid button, not because I don't want it, more because I think its only fair some other lads get a shot at it.

You should link the write up thread Kev.

Good luck lads ?

• Like 5

Thanks Clive, appreciate that mate.. :thumbs:

I have no idea how to link the previous write up, but if anyone would be so kind I'd appreciate it

It was a top weekend, but you also need lads who are up for it, it's fairly hard work but could be tailored for different peoples need (and not everyone would be up for the Friday night Clive lol)

Geth is fully licensed and insured to take out up to 6 people on the kayaks, and I like a bit of fishing so between us it's safe and you should catch a few fish.

If you'd rather a sight seeing type tour that could be arranged too, some of the coastline is just nice to paddle around.

Hopefully 4 like minded lads get together and chuck a few quid in the pot then have a decent weekend down here.. :victory:

Definitely would get a few lads together and bid for this if I was renovating a house at the moment

Kevs a top bloke always doing his bit for charity I have no doubt who ever gets this will have a weekend of a life time !!

• Like 2

It was a 3 day safari if you include our induction night on the Friday Kev .

In all seriousness this weekend is still talked about between us lads, a lot. One of those weekends that was up there with the best I've had with my brother, an we've been on a few different outings, as you do when your close.

Obviously they will never be able to guarantee you a certain amount of fish by type, only an idiot would promise that, its fishing after all!! What Kev and Geth did do was give us the best gear, bait, location and years of the inside line, priceless. We all caught fish we never had before, from yaks and land.

To top it all off they are proper sound, had some right belly laughs as well as an almost constant drip feed of piss taking. Just the way it should be IMO.

I'll be struggling to not hit the bid button, not because I don't want it, more because I think its only fair some other lads get a shot at it.

Good luck lads

Oh and Clive you're more than welcome to get the ball rolling on the bidding mate.!!!!

Edited by NEWKID

Definitely would get a few lads together and bid for this if I was renovating a house at the moment

Kevs a top bloke always doing his bit for charity I have no doubt who ever gets this will have a weekend of a life time !!

Thank you Ow,

You can bid and come down next year mate!!, there is no time constraint we'll try and accommodate where we can.....

Good luck lads

Oh and Clive you're more than welcome to get the ball rolling on the bidding mate.!!!!

I knew you were gonna say that...shameful charity fundraiser

• Like 1

Good luck lads

I knew you were gonna say that...shameful charity fundraiser

:whistling::D

• Like 1

I have no idea how to link the previous write up, but if anyone would be so kind I'd appreciate it

It was a top weekend, but you also need lads who are up for it, it's fairly hard work but could be tailored for different peoples need (and not everyone would be up for the Friday night Clive lol)

Geth is fully licensed and insured to take out up to 6 people on the kayaks, and I like a bit of fishing so between us it's safe and you should catch a few fish.

If you'd rather a sight seeing type tour that could be arranged too, some of the coastline is just nice to paddle around.

Hopefully 4 like minded lads get together and chuck a few quid in the pot then have a decent weekend down here.. :victory:

There you go Kev.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/328672-the-kayak-trip/

TC

• Like 1

There you go Kev.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/328672-the-kayak-trip/

TC

Thanks a lot TC... :thumbs:

Got 2 of us so far £210.

Great stuff John, this would be right up your street mate!!

May even treat you to a few thatchers on the Friday night!!! :D

• Like 1
  • IanB unpinned this topic