• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right this blueing is all new to me so its going to be a hit and miss job if i get it right   just started the side leaver   it will need another coat but it says leave for a few hours first  

Well lads just got her to day iv had a quick look around her and she is defo in need of some work   but you all know me ill get her sorted   here are some photos to get started   remember this r

I may not give it back yet and delete my account and change my phone no   and move house   :hmm:                                                     NAAAA cost me to

Posted Images

What a transformation, fantastic job mate, really well done............................better get some raffle tickets Jimmy.

I wonder if we can get tickets if we are not in attendance at the shoot.

Phil

• Like 1

It's not often that you see something look twice as good as it did when it was brand new,it's a stunner!What stock stain did you use on it?

Birch wood and Casey walnut stain

What a fantastic transformation!

I've just started to refurb my 52, so this is particularly interesting. I'd heard they are tricky to take apart due to some bearings in the trigger or something? did you have any issues?

James

Just knock the two pins out that hold the trigger in place and the hole lot just comes out

knock the pins out from the opposite side of the side leaver you will have to take the side leaver off for this

as the leaver will stop the pins from coming out

Now the chamber that the other end of the side leaver is attached to THE PIN the rod just un screws and your left with the pin in the chamber once you have taken out the spring and piston the chamber will move back of its own accord look in side the pellet trap at the chamber there will be a little hole in line with the pin you will need a little aln key for this as the pin is held in place with an aln pin you will need to remove this to get the pin out of the chamber then the chamber can be removed also .

TRIGGER IMPORTANT

ONCE YOU HAVE TAKEN OFF THE STOCK THERE IS THREE PINS IN THE TRIGGER THESE SLIDE BACK AND FOURTH YOU NEED TO WRAP THE TRIGGER IN TAPE AROUND THESE PINS AS THEY CAN FALL OUT EASILY

REPLACING THE TWO MAIN PINS

when you have done the work on the internals and you put every thing back in the action and you come to replace the pins if you find they will not go back have a look in the two holes as there is a spring that pops up when you remove the pins you will need to get a small screw driver and push the spring down from one side and push one pin in at the same time once you get it so far remove the screw driver and the pin will slide in no bother

you will need to repeat this with the other pin .

DO NOT TRY AND FORCE THE PINS BACK IN OR YOU WILL HAVE BOTHER WITH THE TRIGGER AS YOU WILL SNAP THE SPRING

AND SAY,D SPRING IS FOR THE SAFETY

DO NOT PANIC IF IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAFETY DUSE NOT WORK AS WHEN YOU REPLACE THE PINS IT WILL CLICK BACK OUT

IF YOU GET STUCK JUST PM ME AND ILL TRY AND HELP YOU OUT

ATVBMAC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1