Powerbait - Is It Good?

• 7 months later...

If its a stocked water and all you want to do is catch fish... I didn't tell you this but buy a bag of trout pellets chuck a few in till they're feeding well then simply super glue a trout pellet to your bare hook and away you go. It's all they've ever eaten and after 10 minutes you'll be fed up catching them.

• Like 2

Lol, thanks for the advice TC. I'm interested is all. What made me think about it was spending the day teaching the Mrs to fly fish on a stocked water and being desperate for her to catch so she'd stay interested. Someone said to try powerbait if all else fails and I'd never heard of it so had a look online. I have bought some to experiment with, just another string to the bow ;)

That's how I got my Mrs and kids into fishing. They use Powerbait exclusively on the local reservoirs. Majority of catches are rainbow/brown trout but we get the odd smallmouth bass in the spawning season.

I use ultra-light gear. No more than 4lb fluorocarbon. I use 10" leaders to a swivel and float it off the bottom. We use the Powerbait nuggets because they were cleaner. Ultralight because you can feel even the slightest knock.

EDIT: I also switched to circle hooks because they were really hoovering it in.

Edited by ChrisJones
  • 3 months later...