Powerbait - Is It Good?

What's the best way to fish it? According to youtube the yanks use a sliding lead with a swivel then vary trace length and rely on the baits to float it up. I assume that'd work here? Is the juice any good for dipping flies in when things get dire?

• Like 1

I really despair, if you want to catch fish that bad go to a stock pond. Believe it or not fishing is not all about the amount of fish caught. if you want fish that bad buy a stick of dynamite.

Enjoy angling / fishing for what it is. Some days you catch, others you don't, if you cannot enjoy both get your rods on ebay and take up 100 rabbits a day ferreting.

TC

• Like 4

Lol, thanks for the advice TC. I'm interested is all. What made me think about it was spending the day teaching the Mrs to fly fish on a stocked water and being desperate for her to catch so she'd stay interested. Someone said to try powerbait if all else fails and I'd never heard of it so had a look online. I have bought some to experiment with, just another string to the bow ;)

• Like 1

I wonder how people learned to fish for trout before the advent of stock ponds? Before the days of instant gratification people had to learn how and when to fish before they caught, but when they did catch it was a momentous occasion something to be remembered. The sense of achievement was not something you forgot easily and helped you through the inevitable failures that were to come.

TC

• Like 2

Lol, thanks for the advice TC. I'm interested is all. What made me think about it was spending the day teaching the Mrs to fly fish on a stocked water and being desperate for her to catch so she'd stay interested. Someone said to try powerbait if all else fails and I'd never heard of it so had a look online. I have bought some to experiment with, just another string to the bow ;)

Fish a blob under a indicater or if its sunny fish it on a sinking line static . . . imo pretty much idiot proof ?.

mate there's nothing more special than catching a truly wild trout especially salmon and sea trout, even the wild brownie, but what tops it is catching one on a fly you tied yourself, good luck either way