Rabbit Damage.

I have been having a look round some of my permissions and have been noticing more damage on the crops than previous years.I've put it down to more youngsters about as I didn't take many of this particular one last year and now they are breeding like rabbits!.

post-101633-0-09011300-1465590868.jpg

post-101633-0-35262000-1465590879.jpg

post-101633-0-15657700-1465590888.jpg

Totally agree. When you are hitting nests in December then you know there's going to be a lot extra. Trouble is, have you noticed the increasing number of buzzards? At the end of the day I bet it balances out.

There has never been many buzzards in my area,foxes are a rare sight too as this area is keepered with numerous release pens so foxes get quite a hammering.I suppose that helps the rabbits to breed without much predation ,well not yet anyway!

Totally agree. When you are hitting nests in December then you know there's going to be a lot extra. Trouble is, have you noticed the increasing number of buzzards? At the end of the day I bet it balances out.

Loads of buzzards here in south Notts,,,counted 17 on one field not long ago,,,,

There didn't seem to be a lot of rabbits about till they started breeding now there's great numbers everywhere . Lamping them doesn't seem to be making much effect on there numbers