Sign in to follow this  
HedgeCrawler

Rabbit Damage.

I have been having a look round some of my permissions and have been noticing more damage on the crops than previous years.I've put it down to more youngsters about as I didn't take many of this particular one last year and now they are breeding like rabbits!.

post-101633-0-09011300-1465590868.jpg

post-101633-0-35262000-1465590879.jpg

post-101633-0-15657700-1465590888.jpg

Totally agree. When you are hitting nests in December then you know there's going to be a lot extra. Trouble is, have you noticed the increasing number of buzzards? At the end of the day I bet it balances out.

There has never been many buzzards in my area,foxes are a rare sight too as this area is keepered with numerous release pens so foxes get quite a hammering.I suppose that helps the rabbits to breed without much predation ,well not yet anyway!

Totally agree. When you are hitting nests in December then you know there's going to be a lot extra. Trouble is, have you noticed the increasing number of buzzards? At the end of the day I bet it balances out.

Loads of buzzards here in south Notts,,,counted 17 on one field not long ago,,,,

The big problem over here is red kites.People feeding them in their gardens are causing them to gather in huge numbers and they are decimating ground nesting birds.

There didn't seem to be a lot of rabbits about till they started breeding now there's great numbers everywhere . Lamping them doesn't seem to be making much effect on there numbers

Here's a fe pics of rabbit damage I've took over the years,,,,this first one is damage to an ash tree

rabbitdamage181207004.jpg