Going Agains The Grain ......

Have the same problem myself . Have a litter of 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie pups there's a big strong dog pup that picks all the boxes and then this small black bitch that has to be up on my knees whenever she gets the chance . So finally decided today I'm keepin them both problem solved atb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep the 2 and decide at a later date which one you will keep long term once you get to know them better

Some good answers on this thread and its interesting to see how people think ... Yeah tilly and ruby are litter sisters and are roughly the same size Tilly is just the better worker :-) ... With the

go with your gut bud you got pup for a long time & if theres that something special that catches your eye you'll probably bond better?? Imo. Atb

Some good answers on this thread and its interesting to see how people think ... Yeah tilly and ruby are litter sisters and are roughly the same size Tilly is just the better worker :-) ... With the size aspect of things Tilly is big enough to cover anything I need so I don't really need a big dog and a smaller dog would be ideal for garden jobs etc ... After watching them grow for the last five weeks I am leaning towards the little merle as she is the one that follows me everywhere and wants to be with me the most out of all the pups ... I will make a decision by the weekend as they will be getting chipped next week have their final worming and will be ready to go to their new homes ........

• Like 3

Sounds like you know what one you're going for Ken...

Sometimes the heart rules the head mate, aint always a bad thing to pick the one that's picked you....

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

Size isn't everything and I certainly wouldn't be basing my decision on that. What's going on between the ears is every bit as important - if not more so - as physical attributes. I've seen dogs that by rights shouldn't have caught certain items of quarry that did manage to catch them purely through sheer grit, determination and an absolute refusal to give up. And by the same token you could have a fantastically bred dog with perfect conformation that absolutely looks the part, but if it doesn't have what it takes mentally it would be as much practical use as a chocolate fireguard. If it was my litter I'd delay making a choice as long as possible and in the meantime spend as much time watching them as possible to try and really understand what makes them tick....

• Like 1

give one of the lads that are after a pup a bitch pup off lloydys litter lol keep both the ones you like and everybody a winner... No need to applaud me, I'm here all week...

You bred litter Ken to get what you want, now keep what ye want and if that means both them so be it

It pains me to say it but that's a bloody good post. Lol.

Youve put a lot of thought, time and money into this litter, but I know you're a man of your word Ken and not one to let people down.

Just because she's smallest now dont mean she'll be as big as others when adult? Years ago i picked the smallest finest bitch from a litter of deerhounds she made 31&1/2 " tts ?? Biggest out of them all!!! At this age its all a bit of a lottery so go with your gut & as already been said the ammount of work/experience she'll get it'll click no matter what the size. Atb

• Like 2

If the sire to the the sire of these pups is the dog i think it is then ive got the litter brother to it . There was one bitch in that litter that was 21/22 tts the rest 24/25 and hes 1/4 whippet rest collie grey and every thing else out of them has never come out that small again. Cant see size being a problem with these