Blackbirds After Rain.

We have just had a thunder storm here and it has really cleared the air. The Blackbirds are singing, what a beautiful sound in the newly cleared air. There are two cocks competing against each other, each note is so clear, as I am typing this it has started to rain again with distant thunder, but they are still at it.

TC

• Like 4

A beautiful song. I leave my bedroom window open a bit in the Springtime to listen to them and I often hear them singing at midnight.

They're plucky too. You'll often see them in the highest branches of a bush or tree singing their hearts out which leaves them wide open to the Sparrowhawk. It's like they don't care.

Also at this time of the year you'll often see them dead on the roads where they've been fighting with a rival and don't see the danger coming. In fact, you'll often see two cocks dead beside one another.

My favourite songster.

• Like 3

A beautiful song. I leave my bedroom window open a bit in the Springtime to listen to them and I often hear them singing at midnight.

They're plucky too. You'll often see them in the highest branches of a bush or tree singing their hearts out which leaves them wide open to the Sparrowhawk. It's like they don't care.

Also at this time of the year you'll often see them dead on the roads where they've been fighting with a rival and don't see the danger coming. In fact, you'll often see two cocks dead beside one another.

My favourite songster.

Theres alot of blackbirds around me they sing like fcuk in the early hours its great to hear and i think your right your right about the ones singing at the top of the hedges i sometimes find a bunch of black feathers and yellow beak after a hawks got them

• Like 1

I guess I'm a right stupid old git , but, I've sat/ laid there and listened to th blackbirds singsong and actually got to wondering what they are actually saying. Even now, writing this, there are 2 going at it hammer and tong. I know when they have eggs ready for hatching they talk all the time. When they hatch they both murmur encouragement but not loud enough to let the magpie know. They make that lovely sound when feeding. I would love to know what the rest is all about. Anyone out there done a study?

• Like 2