How To Get A Glossy Coat?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do many use the furminator brushes? This time a year I find they really do shift a lot of dead hair. I get a good handful off both of mine every few days.  

I feed mine cheap biscuits and a few tins of sardines also the odd spoon of cod liver oil. Just started giving him half of his grub in chicken mince be interesting to see if he stays shiney. Though a

Pledge I find is excellent

Shredded paper instead of straw will shine the coat , the ink shines the coat apparently , a jeweller once told me , they use a scrunched up newspaper to polish their windows and display cases ,,,,,,,,,,honest it works !

I recently took a pup on , black ,,,,hard to keep on good nick but look great when right ,,,,,,,,,,,,I have now got her gleaming , using , chicken wings , mince , sardines , eggs , sunflower oil every day ,noticed she had bad dandruff after liver so dropped it from her diet , its trial and error !

If I was to add an oil ,it would probably just be olive and flax seed or cheap cooking oil.cheap and eat to get hold of ,

If you feed dry a bit over their food usually makes it a bit more palatable too

it could simply be the straw,it could be from lice,fleas,worms etc,or poor diet.

Start from scratch,Change to a different type of bedding,use advocate on the dog,worm it with a good wormer,feed good quality nutritious food,a drop of salmon oil a few days a week,good amount of excercise and good grooming regime,once you've brushed the dog,rub a towel down over him following fur direction,this will fetch out the natural oils in the coat

Mine aint even got any bedding in at this time of year,the c**ts are on wood im sick of them dragging their quilts out lol..dandruff free lurchers at this time of year are usually kept by rosette hunters..dogs coat will come right naturally if on a good diet,bitches often come in season in early spring & their coats & conditioning go all to cock so its 3 months again until they are in tiptop order again,dogs & bitches both moult in spring/early summer too so again there is no quick fix to getting them looking pristine..if your feeding & worming well which it sounds like you are then trust me just keep on doing what your doing 4/6 weeks from now the pooch will be gleaming..i will run bare arsed around my local town at noon on a Saturday if it aint

Let me know if you do. I'll hop on the ferry and over to Cumbria to see that :D .

• Like 1

Oh, and in answer to the query, make sure the worming's done and enough fat in the diet, add a good pinch of seaweed powder to the food and brush out loose hair each day, especially at this time of year.

Some colours shine up easier than others. Black is usually easy, fawn not easy. Brindle is good because of the black in it. Beddy grey type fur is often linty and hard to shine up.

• Like 1

Oh, and in answer to the query, make sure the worming's done and enough fat in the diet, add a good pinch of seaweed powder to the food and brush out loose hair each day, especially at this time of year.

Some colours shine up easier than others. Black is usually easy, fawn not easy. Brindle is good because of the black in it. Beddy grey type fur is often linty and hard to shine up.

Yeah my dogs fawn really his coat looks dull ?