We've got spotlights in the bathroom that use those GU10 bulbs. Is there a transformer or something in the light fitting?

Recently they have started flickering and going dim, then back to normal, all in a few seconds. Next day they are fine again.

The other night, in the middle of my crossword :laugh: they went out completely and stayed off. I went to the light switch and switched it off then on again and they worked perfectly. :hmm:

Would a new light fitting sort it or should i get a sparks to have a look?

The old recess lights had transformers the new gu10 led lights dont the bulb could be dodgy swap the bulbs around and see does it sort it. Most of those lights with the 50 tiny bulbs are crap and half the little bulbs flicker before they blow.

• Like 1

could be the actual pin connector that the bulb plugs into if its the 5.3/transformer jobs !they get overheated and the 2 wires start to short at the back a RIGHT PITA :thumbs: CAREFUL if you mess yourself, and if not sure get a sparks in :thumbs:

as rab said bin them and get leds in. worse thing invented both of them nowt but hassel :yes:

ahh could be moisture and the fiitings getting damp into them got a single sealed ( top notch bathroom light so i was lead to belive ) in ours but when the steam builds a little while later when you go back in it can flicker then settle down . have a check..

If it was me, I would change the pull switch first or disconnect the pull switch and connect the live wires together so the lights are permanently on. If that didn't work then I would drop the fittings out one by one starting with the one nearest the switch and check for loose connections. They will most likely be daisy chained together.