Just sold my old car and I'm thinking of buying a Skoda Octavia Scout the 4x4 version, I'm no hard core off roader and need a dual usage car as I travel 60 miles to work and back each day so needs to be economical the car also needs to be big enough in the boot to fit the dogs and kit in the back with some room for the passengers at the weekends

Anyone had one, or can comment what they are like ?

Edited by busterbuster1969

Can't speak for the 4x4 ability. But we've had an Octavia II estate for over four years and can recommend the accommodation aspect. Huge boot, plenty of leg room and a nice car to drive. The only real problem we have had is water ingress to the EMU in really bad downpours. They are prone to the drainage from the windscreen area blocking up. Every so often you will need to take off the front inner wheel arch covers and de-crud them to allow water to escape and not build up and flood the EMU.

• Like 2

I have the VW Passat Alltrack which I think is basically the same car

On a 28 mile daily round trip to work does 45/gallon 2litre diesel

Goes well and is comfy with all the gadgets

Wouldn't fancy serious off road work but it suits my needs as and when needed

Might be worth consideration for you as well

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dacia Duster!

Cheaper!

You been inside one? I have and it was like being in a Lego car. Lol
Got one, I like Lego. Lego is simple.

After owing two jimneys for the last ten years it feels like fancy Lego!

Lego is cheap, important for some of us?.

• Like 2

I picked it up and it's spot on to be honest, good on fuel, massive boots, 4x4 cruises on the motorway easily at a decent speed, and inside is basically the same components as vw Audi so fancy Lego it is then

What you driving Gaz ???post-290-0-98501900-1465761561_thumb.jpegpost-290-0-98501900-1465761561_thumb.jpegpost-290-0-82295400-1465762516_thumb.jpeg

Edited by busterbuster1969
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked it up and it's spot on to be honest, good on fuel, massive boots, 4x4 cruises on the motorway easily at a decent speed, and inside is basically the same components as vw Audi so fancy Lego it is then

What you driving Gaz ??? image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I was referring to the Dacia Duster being built like Lego fella. Someone suggested one above.

I've got a Vectra estate. Torn between getting one of these 4x4 estates (probably the Audi all road) and going down the MPV route (zafira or vw Touran). I really like the touran and the extra headroom would come in handy, especially as I will fit a dog cage to the back.

I like the skodas. Would want the octavia VRS myself but that is smart what you've had. I imagine the 4 wheel drive will have its uses.

• Like 1

Looks nice car,would worry going down farm tracks looks very low hope it suits your needs and good luck with it.

Should manage most tracks I would think. I'm sure them scouts are raised 50mm compared to the standard motors?

• Like 1

I was referring to the Dacia Duster being built like Lego fella. Someone suggested one above.

I've got a Vectra estate. Torn between getting one of these 4x4 estates (probably the Audi all road) and going down the MPV route (zafira or vw Touran). I really like the touran and the extra headroom would come in handy, especially as I will fit a dog cage to the back.

I like the skodas. Would want the octavia VRS myself but that is smart what you've had. I imagine the 4 wheel drive will have its uses.

we had a 11 plate touran for 3 years never have another,Done my head in. I prefer the berlingo we got now.

we had a 11 plate touran for 3 years never have another,Done my head in. I prefer the berlingo we got now.

What didn't you like about it?