Primos Sticks With The 2 Point Gun Rest - Tested Tonight !

Phil,- I always zero the .22/ .177 at 27/28 yds but for easy thinking 30 yds - no hold under. Both calibers are perfect to 30 - 33 yds and then .22 trajectory kicks in and .177 takes over, threading shots in woodland through spindle branches after 30 yds the .177 takes over completely (for me).

Open ground - either calibre, both as accurate as each other.

The TX "rocks" on the Primos Phil, every bit as accurate as any pcp. Heavier the gun "the better" on the primos.

Mount the TX onto the two point gun mount and hold her lightly to the fore end and normaly for yourself at butt/ trigger and have some real fun on paper.

Be patient with "learning her" and " sticks" they will repay you ten fold.

Specific zero is another one Phil, if your waiting in ambush at a specific range and area I many a time zero for it, - it`s a deadly method. (just me).

Jon,- Basically anywhere between you sitting on the ground/ grass, to standing, you would need to sit on a bucket chair ,etc, to shoot up into the trees though.

atb

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm with Mark on this one. We fit bi pods to aid accuracy when lying down, so all the sticks are is an extension on that idea. For me it's about getting the pellet to the target, either a rabbit, ma

Tad unsporting ? Not that again.   On the static hunting I find the " Shot accuracy" increases (for me), is that better all round ? I think so, and that`s what matters to me.    

My dad taught me once that experience can be better than youthful exuberance.......... I was a fairly good amateur boxer but, he still put me on my arse during a row that turned nasty   There's not

Posted Images

I do have the patience and am making inroads with the TX but in terms of accuracy compared to my HW100, there is no comparison but that is down to me, I know that. I certainly feel the new attachment on my sticks would really be an advantage for the TX.

Most of my zeroing is done at 25mt because the only range near to me is 25mt but my perm has some large hollows in the ground, perhaps 6'-12' which offer target work out of the main wind which we get a lot of on the east coast so before making a decent set of figures for different ranges on hold over, I wondered where to set zero because I now have about 100mt to play with just a bit of a walk with a cylinder. I had thought of buying one of those 1lt air tanks to carry in the field, actually they may be less than 1lt................just something else to think about. I am going to put up a series of distance markers in one of the hollows at 5mt increments so I can quickly set up a target to a given distance.

Phil

Edited by philpot

Cheers for the info Mark.

The only thing that worries me is, aren't these just like zimmer frames for shooters?

I mean, I know some of you guys are getting on a bit now and, you need your dog to go pick your rabbits up for you.

Only asking like :D

• Like 3

Cheers for the info Mark.

The only thing that worries me is, aren't these just like zimmer frames for shooters?

I mean, I know some of you guys are getting on a bit now and, you need your dog to go pick your rabbits up for you.

Only asking like :D

Could not have put it better my self JJ

I mean they will want the rifle to go hunting by its self next

What happened to shooting the old way

no need for sticks

what you cant put a rifle on your shoulder hold it and shoot it

i think you need to give up if that's the case

try and get your groups the old way with out sticks

then you can call your self a shooter

sticks,,,sticks,,,sticks,,,,

that's all you hear on hear

fecking sick of it

mac

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think I may be older and my daughter has offered for my 65th, Jan 2017.....................................a bloody zimmer frame. Now it's bad enough getting a ribbing at home without you buggers starting here.

I have just popped down to the local lake to give a hand with my son in law's boat, I was kneeling down on the pontoon, hanging on to my little grandson, my son in law powered the boat off and left me kneeling down much to the laughter of other people watching me try to get back up again without letting the little one fall in. I would NEVER manage HFT, Once down I'm fine, it's just getting back up again.

Your time will come...................I promise, mind you for some, I will have long gone so wouldn't be able to take the p1ss at you lot or perhaps not able to see the computer screen anymore.

I always say, I am 30 in my head, 90 as I get out of bed but in reality sitting in the middle...............for now.

Phil

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think I may be older and my daughter has offered for my 65th, Jan 2017.....................................a bloody zimmer frame. Now it's bad enough getting a ribbing at home without you buggers starting here.

I have just popped down to the local lake to give a hand with my son in law's boat, I was kneeling down on the pontoon, hanging on to my little grandson, my son in law powered the boat off and left me kneeling down much to the laughter of other people watching me try to get back up again without letting the little one fall in. I would NEVER manage HFT, Once down I'm fine, it's just getting back up again.

Your time will come...................I promise, mind you for some, I will have long gone so wouldn't be able to take the p1ss at you lot or perhaps not able to see the computer screen anymore.

I always say, I am 30 in my head, 90 as I get out of bed but in reality sitting in the middle...............for now.

Phil

Look at it this way Phil, If lucky some of the young bucks will not burn themselves out and will also reach Sixty Fife. I am sure you are still needed at Sixty Four by Vera, Chuck, and Dave.

All the best from a Fifty Nine year old

Edited by just-A-snap

Won't be long before the rifle can be mounted on a drone

With a heat seeking scope and round

Won't even have to leave the arm chair then

Won't be long before lads are using them fishing wheel barrows

To go shooting lol

• Like 1

Might disappoint you a little but I`m not biting :laugh:.

I was out tonight, mooching around with my dog and .22 HW 100 ks and I`ll post in the hunting section shortly.

Static hunting is only part of what I get up to,- no one "has to use the Primos you know".

atb. ​

• Like 2

Might disappoint you a little but I`m not biting :laugh:.

I was out tonight, mooching around with my dog and .22 HW 100 ks and I`ll post in the hunting section shortly.

Static hunting is only part of what I get up to,- no one "has to use the Primos you know".

atb. ​

My dad taught me once that experience can be better than youthful exuberance.......... I was a fairly good amateur boxer but, he still put me on my arse during a row that turned nasty :)

There's nothing wrong with using kit that gives you an advantage :thumbs:

• Like 3

Interesting to see that you can use a springer from them with no real interference with the firing cycle,i personally think too much is made of hold sensitivity sometimes and you can't argue with results,seems some think they're a tad unsporting old chap but each to their own...

I'm with Mark on this one.

We fit bi pods to aid accuracy when lying down, so all the sticks are is an extension on that idea.

For me it's about getting the pellet to the target, either a rabbit, maggie, woodie etc as accurately as possible so the vermin drops on the spot.

We have all at some point seen the cross hairs wobble a little when the shot went away, heard an impact and the bird or mammal has fled and we know it's hit somewhere so if I can help to eliminate those instances I'm happy to say that in CERTAIN situations the sticks really do aid a better shot placement.....I'm now ready to be attacked??

• Like 3