Price Of Stud Dogs

Why would anyone in their right mind plan a litter for their own use, rear them at no expense spared. Then give the pick of litter away ? I have no problem with the owner of the sire taking a pup or even homing half the litter but wouldn't dream of letting another man have first choice of pups bred for myself in the first place. Luckily the lads I deal with are good blokes and have dogs for the right reasons... I

• Like 8

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i wouldnt charge for a service always take a pup no money should change hands

I've tried unsuccessfully on two occasions with my big dog Boots to mate bitches for lads,id love the big useless string of pish to get his leg over lol..it's not for lack of trying with him,he just k

Why would anyone in their right mind plan a litter for their own use, rear them at no expense spared. Then give the pick of litter away ? I have no problem with the owner of the sire taking a pup or e

Posted Images

Why would anyone in their right mind plan a litter for their own use, rear them at no expense spared. Then give the pick of litter away ? I have no problem with the owner of the sire taking a pup or even homing half the litter but wouldn't dream of letting another man have first choice of pups bred for myself in the first place. Luckily the lads I deal with are good blokes and have dogs for the right reasons... I

So your telling me I've got dogs for the wrong reasons for the simple fact I'd want the pick of the litter when they're using my dog, which they've asked to use ? At the end of the day the only reason dogs around me or dogs I've known to studded would be for the studs owner to have a pup and bring on himself,they're only asking for 1 pup that LOOKS the best at 8 weeks not the best worker, I wish I could pick the best worker out at 8 weeks old but we all know that ain't going to happen, if you want to use the stud you'll accept what agreement is put forward if not find another

• Like 2

what do you all think?? and what would you pay for the wright dog??

Im certain of the fact that the bitch is dominant in any breeding,yet,put her to an average stud and the quality of the pups will suffer.A decent stud is worth far more than an average one.Id pay more than i could afford for the right stud,the facts are that the best stud costs feck all,why is that?,because the best studs are often in a like minded working kennel,or should be.

• Like 3

The last litter i bred i wanted to keep a dog pup,the 3 dogs went to my lad and his 2 mates as i believed they would give the pups the graft that i could not,thus i picked myself a bitch and let that go to a mate of the lad that gave me a free line,again because i genuinely believed that dog would see far more graft in that kennel,then i kept for myself what may seem to have been at best the 4th and 5th choice bitches,the 5th wrecked her hip and never recovered and the 4th was a mutt that id not have swapped with another.So do people choose for the benefit of the litter above their own gratification?yup.

Do you regret the decision?

Often,especially when i lost both of mine.Id still make the same choice,i bred them to graft and firmly believed they would see more in the kennels i sent them to.The thing that riles me more than anything is the mush that took on the 3rd dog and keeps it for the shows and a pet now,seldom works it.Ive tried to get it back and offered him another.Sods law,the only one i sold,his dog his choice.

I'm old school too and would only either take a pup or charge the price of one.

That old mutt of mine is on his lazzys and still aint lined a bitch, like Fuji's, it aint for lack of trying!

If anyone does want to use him, then all it will cost is £40, which is the price to get it done profesionally.

IMG-20160521-WA0003.jpg

50 quid it is bosun that's what it was for r flash
  • Like 1

Iv given out a few services of my dogs last season and never asked for a penny . I gave out the service of 3 dogs and only tool one pup even back . I'd prefer to work on a favour basis . If I'm stuck for something I know for a fact the lads I gave the service to will go out of their way . Personally I think money's after ruining the working dog

• Like 5

Fact is if you don't know someone and they have a stud you want ,you may have to pay.

I agree it's nice and amicable that someone gives their dogs services for free,

But it don't always happen,as some lads ain't in the 'loop'

• Like 1