Air Arms Pro Sport

I`ve shot the pro sport at my local range (my mates gun) and for me, it doesn't even compare to a TX.

I use the TX 200 mk 3 in .177 flavour and find that the accuracy available from this gun is breath taking .

I also hear that a pro sport can be a little under powered - which was confirmed by Air Arms at the recent shooting show. They went on to recommend the TX over the pro sport for hunting.

( Their statement, not mine, thank you)

atb

The first part about you preferring the TX is fair enough. Your opinion is valid in that respect. Some people will prefer one, some the other.

However, your second comment about the Pro Sport being underpowered is nonsense. And it is your comment, not Air Arm's unless you can show us something in writing to back it up. My own .177 Pro Sport, unadulterated by the previous owner was giving around 11.4 ft-lb with JSB Exacts. My friend bought one brand new and got 11.5 ft-lb. Given that the legal limit is 12 ft-lb then how can an 11.4 ft-lb be deemed 'under powered'?

You insinuate that the TX is more accurate and more powerful. So why would people buy the Pro Sport? If you can show me an official statement from Air Arms to say that the Pro Sport is a lesser rifle in any way than the TX then I will eat my hat ;)

Read again - not my statement - "Theirs" ! thank you

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got around to buying a Pro Sport. Maybe not the most practical rifle from the perspective of a sporting tool. Obselete technology as a power source, recoiling action, single shot and slow to

I can only echo mac's comments.   Another vote for the prosport and no problem with two piece mounts at all. But go for quality no cheapy ones  

Where will i start ???   PRO SPORT   more pointable than the tx   balance is perfect   not front end heavy like the tx or the 97   as the under leaver is tucked away under the stock   and

Posted Images

I`ve shot the pro sport at my local range (my mates gun) and for me, it doesn't even compare to a TX.

I use the TX 200 mk 3 in .177 flavour and find that the accuracy available from this gun is breath taking .

I also hear that a pro sport can be a little under powered - which was confirmed by Air Arms at the recent shooting show. They went on to recommend the TX over the pro sport for hunting.

( Their statement, not mine, thank you)

atb

The first part about you preferring the TX is fair enough. Your opinion is valid in that respect. Some people will prefer one, some the other.

However, your second comment about the Pro Sport being underpowered is nonsense. And it is your comment, not Air Arm's unless you can show us something in writing to back it up. My own .177 Pro Sport, unadulterated by the previous owner was giving around 11.4 ft-lb with JSB Exacts. My friend bought one brand new and got 11.5 ft-lb. Given that the legal limit is 12 ft-lb then how can an 11.4 ft-lb be deemed 'under powered'?

You insinuate that the TX is more accurate and more powerful. So why would people buy the Pro Sport? If you can show me an official statement from Air Arms to say that the Pro Sport is a lesser rifle in any way than the TX then I will eat my hat ;)

Read again - not my statement - "Theirs" ! thank you

Mark, the point I'm making is that unless you can support what you say with an official link or statement, we only have 'your' word for what you claim.

I and other Pro Sport owners have Chrono'd the rifle and found that it isn't underpowered as you claim. You insinuate that the TX is more accurate yet you have not posted anything to support that opinion.

So unless you can post something to support what you claim that Air Arms say, it is between them and you and I don't believe it.

post-85710-0-13941500-1464549893_thumb.jpgWell, with respect, " Their statement, not mine" will have to do for now.

A trusted senior member of THL told me about the AA stand saying this to him as he was considering buying one of these rifles Pro Sport or TX.

I`ve had good success with the TX and I simply prefer it to the Pro Sport,- that`s it.

I am not going to enter into a disagreement with you.

If it helps any I am able to post over accuracy but its not a statement to say its any more accurate than a pro sport.

So lets agree to disagree.

atb

• Like 1

No problem. You prefer the TX. That is your choice and I respect that.

As for the rest I don't believe it. That is my choice. I didn't hear the Air Arms rep say what you claim that he said. I have seen with my own eyes the power level of two 'out of the box' Pro Sports and they certainly are not underpowered. As for the Pro Sport lacking accuracy :whistling:

Well in my humble opinion, having only ever shot the pro sport and not owned one its not fair to give too much of an opinion....but, the pro sport felt very nice indeed and yes it made me want one .......a lot, but I'm on tx number 3 now and this one's a hc and is really well balanced, more so than my last full length version.

My last note is that as much as I love the tx, the pro sport has it for looks hands down, is a beautiful looker.....but what the f#*k do I know, I'm just a twat! Lol

Atb

Just catching up on all this hangbag swinging.

Love it.

Its not me again and you mark for a change! :)

-

At the end of the day, opinions are like bum 'ols... we've all got one.

• Like 2

Love it.

-

YESSSSS ! at last ! You lot watching ? Ready ?

I totally agree with Rez :laugh:

And may this last, " for the rest of today anyway" :toast:

atb

"Twat" x

Love it.

-

YESSSSS ! at last ! You lot watching ? Ready ?

I totally agree with Rez :laugh:

And may this last, " for the rest of today anyway" :toast:

atb

"Twat" x

:feck: :feck: :feck:

to the both of you

atvb from big,st twat of all :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Nicepix

I was the guy who attended the Northern Shooting Show and with my wife, we spoke to Air Arms staff because I didn't know which gun to go for. The salesmen (there were two of them) said that all the R&D had gone into the TX and nothing into the Prosport basically since it was introduced and both men stated they had Prosports themselves but simply didn't use them in favour of te TX as it was just a better gun now.

Whilst talking to these guys, I asked if there was any truth in a rumour I had heard that the Prosport can drop in power after a time as it seemed a strange to happen on such a classy gun but I was advised that was the case and I think someone on here had that issue but not certain.

My wife and myself were trying to get as much information as possible on these guns as I was really up for getting the Prosport but to be totally honest I found it too heavy and after testing both the TX and an HW97, which was the third gun in the equasion, I chose the TX.

I have no reason to make up this information and you have my word that the details above are exactly what we were given.

Phil

• Like 3