Terrier Ornaments

Wow that looks mine but of a single dog. Wonder If she lied to me about having them made..couldn't see her lieing but after seeing yours I wonder[/quote

She probably did'nt lie to you, I spoke to border fine arts only a few months ago to try to commission a batch of that sculpture and they would'nt do it, all the moulds are destroyed after they are used on a particular run.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that looks mine but of a single dog. Wonder If she lied to me about having them made..couldn't see her lieing but after seeing yours I wonder

Hi Rippem

I know both pieces of artwork (both the single and the double)..... the single was produced by Border Fine Arts (I have one on my shelf now) and the doubles are an entirely different model. The double models were indeed commissioned and marketed by Char Smith and are they are quite different when viewed in close up.

I've known Char for many years, since she first came over here to hunt and to dig in the U.K., I'd guess that was at least 25 years ago and quite possibly approaching 30. I've also hunted with her on several occasions in the USA and as you've already indicated.... she's a very honest lady and one who hunts her dogs on a regular basis.

Just out of interest and for clarification, the Border Fine Arts model was produced around 1983, it was a limited edition model, which is why the moulds were broken and it was produced in 3 different colour variations ( but using the same mould). The colour variations were black (Patterdale), black and tan (Lakeland) and white and tan (Russell),

if my memory serves me right, the cost at that time (1983) was £20 and for an extra £5 (quite a lot of money in those days) you could send in a photo of your own dog and the model would be produced with identical markings. On the very rare occasions that I've seen any of the standard models come up for sale on ebay, it's not uncommon for them to fetch £375 or thereabouts and I've often wondered what the custom versions might fetch as they are truly unique.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2

Thank you Barrie for clearing it up. And she is a real lady and most importantly a REAL DOG WOMAN! I haven't meet many like her. And her Jacks are hard workers. She wouldn't keep one that wasnt. Thanks