Greyhound Racing

Any of you follow greyhound racing? A few lads from work are thinking of buying a dog. We have seen a dog that runs at Sunderland A4, we would want to put it round Sheffield. Am told the dog would come on a lot at a big galloping track.

Think wondered was how does Sunderland dog track compare to Sheffield ? Where would you expect an a4 dog to grade on?

Don't rate the grade of dogs at Sunderland if I'm honest, certainly wouldn't pay much for one in A4 grade.

Who told you the dog would come on at a galloping track, the seller?

If you give me his name I'll have a look at his form and give an honest opinion.

• Like 1

My old man has greyhounds his dog got through to the quarters of the British derby tonight at Wimbledon.. It's hard to get a decent open dog by the sounds of it and they make decent money and can get alot of injuries it sounds a pretty expensive hobby but saying that I wouldn't mind one bit of sport through the summer months lol..

I work for a trainer at belle vue. Who would you put the dog with?how much per week?will the running money cover kennel fees?will you be wanting to gamble the dog? Is the trainer capable?A lot of variables to consider just so you can say I've got a dog and when the dog is finished running you have to rehome the dog. Graded racing you're up against the racing office at the track plus other trainers who maybe holding dogs up to be dropped down the grades ready for the big gamble. Graded racing good fun night out

Hi max, we have chance of another bitch 23months old currently runs A1 at hall green. What standard is hall green compared to Sheffield? He dam is track record holder over 6bends, the breeder expects the bitch to mature and stay 6bends

Nowdays you go into it as a bit if fun and a hobby

All hobbys cost money

Don't expect to go into it thinking you might make a few quid

That scenario is few and far between.

I don't know a thing about greyhound racing but that sounds like good advice.

As max says,do it for the fun of seeing your dog run and if its a honest dog that tries it should win now and again. There is nothing worse than owning a dog that has the race won but then changes down a gear to wait for its mates to catch up,so it can run alongside. A good Greyhound is a very jealous dog that wants to get to the front,and not just run in the pack.