Do You Practice/ Train On Your Shooting Technique Weekly ?

I had a quick practice before work this morning. Well, more like buggering about - I tried these 3 different pellets one after the other.

It's knowing that my rifle will do this consistently that gives me the confidence to go out and aim at live quarry. Without that, I wouldn't hunt. Simple.

lovely groups with all those pal.

Cheers Matt.

I reckon I've been lucky getting this rifle - I don't know if all 100s are the same but, this one really isn't pellet fussy at all.

Ooh, I feel a 'This is my rifle, this is my gun....' moment coming on :D

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outing

Have no time to train im to busy out shooting vermin   honest   atvbmac :thumbs:

I bow down to the almighty moxy the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out th

Posted Images

I had a quick practice before work this morning. Well, more like buggering about - I tried these 3 different pellets one after the other.

It's knowing that my rifle will do this consistently that gives me the confidence to go out and aim at live quarry. Without that, I wouldn't hunt. Simple.

lovely groups with all those pal.

Cheers Matt.

I reckon I've been lucky getting this rifle - I don't know if all 100s are the same but, this one really isn't pellet fussy at all.

Ooh, I feel a 'This is my rifle, this is my gun....' moment coming on :D

......there are many like it but this one is mine...

But seriously, mine doesn't seem as fussy as the S410 was. It only has a preference when you get out above 35 yards. That's when the groups can start to open up when not using bis mags.

And another thing...

All my shooting is pretty much on the level. Not many trees round here. But even I know that shooting targets in trees relies on another skill and angle compensation. We don't just point and shoot.

If i ever get the chance to shoot in a wood, I will be doing loads of practice before I go for anything live.

• Like 2

ERR there not in the middle of the target

YOU NEED MORE

PRACTICE

but then again we dont need to do we so that will do

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Never ment to be controversial on my first post, jmho

Had the rapid nearly 20yrs so it kind of feels like a third arm you could say.

Hence not feeling the need to practice/train to shoot it.

Only have the one gun so if I don't know how it shoots now , I never will.

Only stated cattys take practice..never stated I even have one , never mind an expert !!!!

As for where it matters most ( in the field ) my team can put the bunnys in the bag.

post-103007-0-71128600-1463922967_thumb.jpeg

First light today 10 shots..5 rabbits 2rats

Missed 2rats an a rabbit .

I must say I think it a bit unfair that all you top notch pellet throwers jumped down my throat

,for thinking a little outside the box.

• Like 3

Dont take it to heart TH its only banter mate the same lads would help you out if you ask,d for it

including me

and dont think they would not jump down my throat or any of the others because they would and have on many a time lol

and by my reckoning your going to fit right in hear bud right in you can take it and give it

now get that rifle back into shape

you twat lol :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I wasn't born to be perfect , 7/10 will do me.

My gun has been snapped , burnt and driven over an has had a hard life an bares the scars of battle with pride.

I even put new gaffer tape on just for the photo yer cheeky bugger !!!!!

I meant the offer too big mac, you and invisible David ( if you can find him that is )

This is air rifle heaven...pigeon , crow, rat and rabbits in abundance

• Like 2

What's a "test" for the bottle come with the gun.

Never wanted to blow me trumpet , but the rats I missed were running an only got one runner out of three.

An the rabbit , I new I missed as soon as I pulled.

The static rat was the best at 44 yrds/ paces.

Only use two pellets in the gun crossman premier ultra magnum (best)

And webley accupell a close second.

• Like 1

The bottle Th , would have a date on it , and I'm sure that after so many years , it would need testing to make sure it's still safe to use , i might br wrong ! Not quite sure , I think it's the same principle as a fill bottle , i.e. Diver bottle

But if you've had your twenty years , it might be worth looking into

I'm sure somebody knows the facts , and will be along shortly to put you and me right

The date would be year of manufacture , and I think it's either 5/10 years after that !

If your happy with the pellets your using great ,

I've got a mk1 .22 and use falcon accuracy pluss @13.4 , just a better trajectory , Imo , and works better with the hold over on the mill dots

Google it , the test date I mean just to be safe

Atb

Dave ( the invisible)

• Like 1

Tell em all to fook off tree hands, years ago there was a comp on here, and they was all putting odd pic of rabbit up, my cousin was called superted back then and for a giggle we went rabbiting with nowt but an old clulite and an even older wheirach or whatever it's called that only had open sights hahaha the place we went we knew the rabbits would squat and so I lamped and carried bag and he shot and before the first farm was done we had more than the rest of this forum combined haha we went onto another place an done just as good lol the pic of the bunnies and the old shitty gun didn't go down to well on here, was all for a laugh aswell lol atleast we got a giggle even if they never haha

So your mate shot and you carried 3 rabbits!! Hardly worth gloating about. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..!!

Don't worry about the bottle blowing up , David .

I have an Asian neighbor down the road who fills it for me.

I'm sure it won't reach me from that distance ,

But I'm sure someone on here will say different.

• Like 1