Do You Practice/ Train On Your Shooting Technique Weekly ?

imo, if you have to practice/train to shoot an air rifle

You need to sell them an get another hobby

To me that is one of the most stupid statements i have ever seen on this forum , sorry

Does not look good for people starting out ,thinking you can just pick up one and go out hunting

• Like 5

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outing

Have no time to train im to busy out shooting vermin   honest   atvbmac :thumbs:

I bow down to the almighty moxy the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out th

Posted Images

imo, if you have to practice/train to shoot an air rifle

You need to sell them an get another hobby

I know you are relatively new here, and trying to be magnanimous, you may simply not be great with words on this one, I've done it myself more than once.

I think I understand where you are coming from "generally", but I am struggling a bit with this one!

:thumbs:

• Like 4

doesn't matter how good you are in your chosen sport , hobby or even work every body needs practice , just look at your top sportsman and everybody who is on top of there game

Even John Darling used to practice and he was the No1 airgunner. I practice as much as I can. And.. especially as I have a varied arsenal. My HW35 shoots differently from my Pro Sport and my Airsporter is different again. So I have to reacquaint the hold and shot placement.

Then there's environment changes.

Shooting in the Duck Run is really sheltered and short range. So zeroed at 10 yards, it holds well.

Shooting in an open field, well, sudden gusts of wind, or steady directional gale, or if I am lucky no wind at all.

In my field the zeroed range is about 20 yards, then I adjust accordingly.

Anyone who doesn't practice is taking a big risk or unnaturally talented, or misses every shot.

Pesky

• Like 3

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outings :rolleyes::D

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 6

Well, Practice Makes Perfect' as the old saying goes. I've been shooting for over 50 of my 58 years and I still spend a lot of time with pellet trajectory practice. I can hit a lethally accurate group outside my zero range because I keep on top of what my pellet's trajectory is averaging from the barrels of any one of my four rifles. In both .22 and .177 calibres.

If someone thinks that is unnecessary, well, fine. They are not doing my shooting for me. But, I have the peace of mind that, it is a most unusual occurance that my shots results in a wounded animal getting away to die a lingering death or being crippled with a festering wound. That is something I cannot tolerate from myself. If there is anyone here who thinks I'm being soft and sentimental,that's fine. I call that person a sick, sadistic b*****d who doesn't care or has the basic humanity or compassion for living creatures. Even if they are vermin.

Fieldcraft gets me to where I need to be. Shooting practice gets my pellet where it needs to be.

• Like 3

Just been out with the 97 first time in ages.. wow I felt wobbily. After a few shots tho I got back into the rythym of it.

Had a few shots prone and a few shots rested on my knee from sat on floor against a wall. Second position is a lot steadier for me personally dont usually shoot prone.

So yeah my 2p worth i think practice is a good thing.

Might head back down after the football without the chrono and stuff this time try bag a few squirrels or pigeons ;)

I'm just feckin awesome and was born gifted.

Practice is for fannys and you mere mortals.

I would get me one of those YouTube thingys to show you all how shite you all really are.

But I'm better than that.........!

I bow down to the almighty moxy

the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out this mans teaching abilitys , i really dont know where i would be with out him

:huh:

infact me and mac were only talking about this the other day , and it came up in convesation about hunting with cattys for rabbits , and i said we should ask our hero moxy . he would surley know everything about this subject! :icon_eek:

but thank the lord we dont have to as i may have found a expert in this field

if only i had the currage to ask ;)

ar well

• Like 5

I was thinking more Adonis David. A God reference is too controversial and Walshie might pull this thread.

However. In his absence I'm going to further stroke my ego and blow giant smoke rings out my arse.

Catapults you say............? Well..!! It's funny you should mention them.

Just the other day for "fun". I was shooting the wings off tiny fruit flys using a single grain of sand.

I did take some pictures. But your not worthy enough to see them.

I was thinking more Adonis David. A God reference is too controversial and Walshie might pull this thread.

However. In his absence I'm going to further stroke my ego and blow giant smoke rings out my arse.

Just the other day for "fun". I was shooting the wings off tiny fruit flys using a single grain of sand.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There's entirely too much stroking and blowing giants in this thread. Not to mention arses.

I had a quick practice before work this morning. Well, more like buggering about - I tried these 3 different pellets one after the other.

It's knowing that my rifle will do this consistently that gives me the confidence to go out and aim at live quarry. Without that, I wouldn't hunt. Simple.

post-102688-0-33587800-1463906524_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I had a quick practice before work this morning. Well, more like buggering about - I tried these 3 different pellets one after the other.

It's knowing that my rifle will do this consistently that gives me the confidence to go out and aim at live quarry. Without that, I wouldn't hunt. Simple.

lovely groups with all those pal.